Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi, I'm Bernie!
March 10, 2007, 05:05:03 PM
Hi - I'm Bernie from Sydney
Really glad to see a domestic popping site in Oz.
Interests are popping, popping, popping and all right, jigging as well.
Fishing ambition - 70kg GT and 100kg dogtooth. yes, I know, I am dreaming. While I am dreaming, I'd also like a bag full of Carpenter lures.   ;D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Re: Hi, I'm Bernie!
March 11, 2007, 06:34:30 PM
Fishing ambition - 70kg GT and 100kg dogtooth. yes, I know, I am dreaming. While I am dreaming, I'd also like a bag full of Carpenter lures.   ;D

That makes two of us! :D

Thanks for joining Brandon.

To the members of GTPopping.com :: Berniek is now our first moderator on the forum...be nice he can be harsh, particularly when he hasn't had his fill of Carpenter stickbaits or Smith Runbohs! ;D :D

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 11, 2007, 07:21:59 PM
GPB here, real name Greg. I've been reading forums for a while now but only began getting involved recently. Liked some of Luke's posts on AUSFISH so have followed the links to this site, will be chatting more in the future. One big Question: what is a moderator?
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 11, 2007, 07:29:39 PM
GPB here, real name Greg. I've been reading forums for a while now but only began getting involved recently. Liked some of Luke's posts on AUSFISH so have followed the links to this site, will be chatting more in the future. One big Question: what is a moderator?

Greg,

Thanks for the feedback about the posts. I really enjoy helping people in this particular area of fishing so i hope i can continue to do so through the use of this forum.

A moderator is someone on a forum who has the authority to modify/edit/delete other members posts if they get out of hand/explicit/innappropriate. Bernie is a personal friend of mine and we meet to discuss popping and jigging at the pub every now and then.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 11, 2007, 07:54:36 PM
 Sounds like a good place to discuss Popping, Jigging and !!!!!!!!!!!                     To get me in the know early, what are Post Poll, Mark Unread, Notify and Send this Topic used for?. 56YO and still learning.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 11, 2007, 08:03:58 PM
Sounds like a good place to discuss Popping, Jigging and !!!!!!!!!!!                     To get me in the know early, what are Post Poll, Mark Unread, Notify and Send this Topic used for?. 56YO and still learning.

No worries mate,

• Post Poll: you can choose to create a poll that people can vote on. You choose the questions/topic and add the categories/options people can vote on.
  • Mark Unread: mark the post as 'unread'. This means that the post (icon) will appear as though you have not opened it yet.
  • Notify: this turns on/off email notification that someone has replied to the post/thread.
  • Send this Topic: this allows you to send someone an email about a topic (you may find it interesting or it involves the person you are sending it to etc.)

Hope that helps mate.

Btw, we will be looking for more moderators as the forum gets bigger. Initial and most active/credible members will be given preference when the time comes.

Cheers,
Luke
Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:05:36 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 11, 2007, 10:31:22 PM
The Ambo on my Avatar was my PB caught off Mooloolaba 2005 on my then new Stella 20000. Went 24kg + and was released soon after pic. I don't like fish hanging around to long, Trophy Pic's not Trophy Fish.
PS: I only have pics taken of Marlin and Sails in my boat if its their 1st, if not all photos taken holding fish in the water along side the boat, that includes Tunas, Cobia etc when possible [not enough pics lately :(].
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2007, 09:14:49 PM
I got to be about the dumbest moderator on the internet. I can't even figure out how to attach a photo.

I'm not sure whether the big Runbohs or the Gammas are more precious now. At least I can get a few Gammas from time to time. Smith have stopped making the big Runboh and I've only got a few left. I'm not really obsessed with Carpenter lures although if I ever find that wahoo that took my sea frog........   >:(

That makes two of us! :D

Thanks for joining Brandon.

To the members of GTPopping.com :: Berniek is now our first moderator on the forum...be nice he can be harsh, particularly when he hasn't had his fill of Carpenter stickbaits or Smith Runbohs! ;D :D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 12, 2007, 09:58:47 PM
Smith may be making the big Runbohs eventually....apparently, we can only hope. What a lure! ;D

My fishing partner just lost my favourite LPB Big Bang :'(

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2007, 10:08:30 PM
how could you let someone else use your favourite lure!?  :'(
btw - did you notice the lastest batch of Carpenter stickbaits are called Diablos?

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 12, 2007, 10:18:42 PM
how could you let someone else use your favourite lure!?  :'(
btw - did you notice the lastest batch of Carpenter stickbaits are called Diablos?

Yes i know! I had a bit too much faith :'( :'( :'( That's what happens when you're a nice guy.

No i have yet to hear of this new stickbait. Do you have anymore details?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 13, 2007, 10:17:14 PM
Luke - it is from the same batch as the one as the ones you got. Take a look at the writing on the top of the lure. I thought they were gammas but this model is called the diablo. They sure look like  a gamma to me!   ???

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
March 13, 2007, 10:26:27 PM
Luke - it is from the same batch as the one as the ones you got. Take a look at the writing on the top of the lure. I thought they were gammas but this model is called the diablo. They sure look like  a gamma to me!   ???

Nah, no Diablo mate. Maybe i got a bunch of the older stock?

Cheers,
Luke

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 11, 2007, 09:08:05 PM
Hey Bernie,

I hear that......

Must keep working hard to realise the dream.......

::)100KG Doggie please
Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:10:05 PM by Peter Lowe