Andrew Susani

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Does anyone know where I could find some extra long pliers for removing hooks from bitey things like mackerel, sharks next to the boat so you can keep them in the water? 

Especially with mackerel, their survival rate is a lot better if you keep them in the water.  Plus some of the GTs we have caught have been hooked deep and some extra length on the pliers would have been handy.

I would prefer aluminium but a stainless option would be ok as well!   8)
Focus on the pop

Mark Whitaker

I got these pliers for the same reason.

"Tackle Rat" SS 300mm long from Tackle World Cairns.  I up the elastic lanyard for security.  It stretches to over 1 m long.

Mark

michael north

Andrew,

Tye has a set, after his incident which ended with him ghetto stomping a fish.

Hahahahaha

Andrew Susani

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
You must steal them from him, or your GT account will come to a screeching halt   ;D
Focus on the pop

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Andrew, a charter captain friend of mine has a custom made tool for this very purpose. It is far easier to use than long pliers which I think you will find unwieldy and hard to use while the fish is still in the water.  He made the tool for de-hooking deep-hooked GTs, but it works well over the side of the boat also.

It is hard to describe but I will get a photo when I next see him and post here. Any stainless steel worker or someone with basic welding skills could make one.