Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Disappointed with Shimano service
February 10, 2012, 04:37:04 PM
I never thought I would say this as I have always been very pleased with Shimano service.

However, pretty unhappy when one of my reels gets picked up today and am told it was put in without the handle.

I recently was using the reels on a trip to Fiji. I took each of them off the rod, took the handle off and put each of them in the reel pouches with the handle in the little handle pocket. I put them in my luggage. I brought them home and my luggage stayed in my loungeroom for a few days. I then got them out, checked the two larger reels were the right ones (as there was one I didn't want to put in). I checked the handles were there because I wanted them serviced with the reels, in particular the hinge part on one of the handles had been playing up so I was conscious of them all going in together.

I put them straight into a plastic bag and dropped them off with a good mate next time I went fishing with him as he lives closer to Taren Point and he had told me he was taking in some reels too.

Now thet just say 'Sorry must have come in with no handle as it doesn't have one now'. WTF?

Not only did it come in with a handle but it had a silver Fisherman Big Game knob on it.

Not happy. Have left a message and hopefully will be receiving a call from whoever manages the service department, but pretty disappointed it has even happened and the complete attitude given when the reels were picked up by my mate.

Great way to top off a shocking week  >:( >:( >:(

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Disappointed with Shimano service
February 10, 2012, 06:01:51 PM

Mods can you please remove this thread

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Disappointed with Shimano service
February 10, 2012, 07:42:47 PM
Did you get the situation sorted out, Scott?