Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Where is your next trip?
February 10, 2012, 12:58:10 PM
Hi Guys,

For me personally, part of the fun of a fishing trip is the planning. What rods, reels, lures, etc should i bring.... So many questions....

I am curious where is everyone headed to for their next trip and what made you want to go there?

WHERE:
Montebello Islands - July 2012.

WHY:
I have read several reports on the Monties over the last couple of years and it it holds great appeal due to the natural beauty of the area in general and the huge variety of fish the area holds. While it is not the cheapest trip going, the price was attractive also. I will be fishing with Blue Lightning.

What do you have planned?

Chris

Ryan Theyer

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Where is your next trip?
February 10, 2012, 02:07:06 PM
Great idea for a post.............

Exmouth WA    August 2012

We drive the 1800km North every year to chase Marlin and reef species. Last year we started popping and we will be doing alot more this year.

Can't wait!!!!!

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 10, 2012, 02:27:24 PM
Norther Bugatti reef, April 2012

A Christmas present, lazy mans trip with very little planning required other than tackle.

Stu Hardy

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 10, 2012, 03:26:57 PM
Three Kings 30th March. Then Chesterfield Reef 24th August. The former we go each year same group of guys. The Chesterfield trip because it is essentially unexplored and we were offered an option to go.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 10, 2012, 03:38:12 PM
Lots of days trips, but I guess those don't count for this purpose.

Next multi-day specific GT trip will be South Lombok for 3 days in April.

Why? Because it is stunningly beautiful and under-fished.
Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 03:43:06 PM by Mark Harris

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 10, 2012, 04:33:19 PM
Just got back from Fiji recently. Next trip sadly not until September, but am taking my Dad on a 10 day drive up trip from Cairns to Bligh Reef via Princess Charlotte Bay with the Nomad crew.

10 days fishing plus quality time with the old man, can't wait.

Serge de Bruijn

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 12:27:18 AM
End of April a 10 day trip to Saint Brandon and the Soudan Banks.

6 days of popping,jigging en general fishing (flyfishing will be attempted as wel) followed by 3 days/nights of trolling/jigging on the banks and a shot at swordfish.

Research and planning started a year ago since it is pretty much DIY, need to see for ourselves if the fishing is as good as they say :)

Serge.

Sacco Gerard

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 01:12:17 AM
For me it will be a trip to Lakshadweep (laquedives), starting March 26, 28 at 7:00,  first POPPER in water and at 7:10, the first GT in the boat, the dream is very important for a fisherman. ;)

Why
 Because I know the Boss of  the fishing center and I think  that  the Lakshadweep is like the Maldives where I'm already gone and  fishing  with Popper is my cup of tea  :)

Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 02:10:53 AM
End of April a 10 day trip to Saint Brandon and the Soudan Banks.

6 days of popping,jigging en general fishing (flyfishing will be attempted as wel) followed by 3 days/nights of trolling/jigging on the banks and a shot at swordfish.

Research and planning started a year ago since it is pretty much DIY, need to see for ourselves if the fishing is as good as they say :)

Serge.

This is a nice trip!

Bwanna Surya

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 02:23:32 AM
No GT popping for me this year.....but have 1 trip booked to 3Kings, NZ with Encharter in early April....looking forward to that....there are 2 spaces available if anyone keen to join.....cheers

Nicolas Lim

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 06:14:59 AM
Oman at the end of February. :-D

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 01:51:04 PM
WHERE:
Hallaniyat Islands Southern Oman - March 2012

WHY:
Serious chance of a monster class GT and incredible natural beauty (... but what GT destination doesn't?)

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 01:59:51 PM
WHERE:
Hallaniyat Islands Southern Oman - March 2012

WHY:
Serious chance of a monster class GT and incredible natural beauty (... but what GT destination doesn't?)

Was waiting for you to post that one Jay.  Im jealous mate.  Awesome destination.

Chris

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 02:04:42 PM
Hallaniyat definitely seems to be the flavour of the year at the moment.  I can't believe I am actually going twice this year!

Jay, you are so right that GT destinations are almost invariably of great natural beauty. But then there are the rusty Malaysian oil rigs  ::) .

Ken Best

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 11, 2012, 06:49:41 PM
End of April this year for four days at Stanage Bay Central Queensland for my Bucks(stag) party. For the unfamiliar, its in the Shoalwater Bay region.
Nine guys, three 7 metre trailer boats, lots of popping, lots of beer and crabs and lots of bullshit!!
I have hired a shed for the outragous sum of $10 per night each. Sleeps nine, has a gas BBQ and refrigeration!!

I'll do a trip report after its over!!

Ken
"Beer makes you feel the way you ought to, without beer" (Henry Lawson)