Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Custom rod gallery
December 29, 2012, 01:32:57 AM
As Brandon posted, there is no secret about out sourcing regular models. It is on Carpenter's website and I wouldn't have answered Izhan's question at the first place if it is secret.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 29, 2012, 03:30:56 AM
Carpenter outsourcing are still in Japan instead of other brands which are outsourced in other countries with much lower labour cost .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Ben Yeo

• Fusilier
  • What!? How Much?... But I only want One!!
  • Liked:
December 29, 2012, 11:15:44 AM
Carpenter's outsourcing of their regular model rods is clearly stated in Carpenter Japan's web site, and in regular print size. (even with google translate, you cannot miss this fact).
A carpenter fan myself, but unaffiliated, this openness bodes well for the company and clearly they have nothing to hide.

That being said, Wan's questions/concerns are understandable, everyone who drops a chunk of change for any product wants to know to some degree where the product is coming from, and if it's news (to him) that the product he has been buying is outsourced, understandably, concerns will pop into his mind. Perfectly normal. Yes?

Suffice to answer Wan that quality is assured and that the location/number of factory/factories cannot be disclosed for commercial reasons. But take heart that the factory is IN Japan, that in itself is reassuring enough. He did not ask for the underwear color. Although if it has "Carpenter" printed all over it like the Carpenter buff, I would like to order some.

Just my humble 2 cents.

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 02, 2013, 02:55:36 PM
Dear All,

Happy New Year 2013!! May all be blessed!

After owning few regular Carpenters and only one custom, and testing/fished with them, i can say that i am very happy satisfied customer.
Oursourced or not, the blank is perfect in doing it's dedicated job.
The binding and the epoxy is eye pleasing. No epoxy crack.
The fuji guide, fuji reel seat and the handle was aligned properly. Guide spacing is at optimal position when fighting big fish.
I currently have no issues whether Carpenter outsourcing of their regular model rods or not.
Regular or custom, they have the same binding and epoxy quality.
In summary, i am proud to say that Carpenter rods is A1 class in term of quality and its quality assurance and hope they maintained it forever.

cheers
izhan

p/s they have Carpenter boxer??? :o :o i want also!!! 8) 8)

Sydney Neal

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 04, 2013, 08:35:41 PM
Can't wait till I get mine fingers crossed for end of june  :)