May 07, 2012, 08:57:41 PM

shane before handing over

dad taken over

shared??? Fish

Clem Henry

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hey Matt - disregard my email should have read this first.....

Awesome, looks like you had a great time...looks like you'll have to take your dad to Hallaniyat?..

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Awesome report Matt, great you managed to get your family out on the boat! Got to start hiding all your gear!! Many thanks for all the support!

Cheers,
Nick

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Great report Matt, sounds like heaps of fun!

Where can I get one of those pink Siren Stickbaits?

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Haha my dad was asking me SO straight away!! Nick they were already planning what they and like of my gear!! I'm concerned!! The Sirens are stocked by ocean active, and Saltywater tackle and maybe GPS (luke?) from what I understand- they are pretty hot commodity, so you have to move fast!! Great value for money!

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Great day's fishing Matt, now I'm really looking forward to our charter on Saturday.....

How big would you estimate Hassan's fish at by the way ?

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Unfortunately didn't have a tape.... But 37-40kgs. Sure u guys will have a good time! Gd luck!

Barry Kurten

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
ONE WORD !!!  EPIC !

Well done Matt , im super stoked you managed to put your brother and old man into some good fish !

Some great fish ! Musandam Magic all the way !

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
How did the Racepoint 200 perform Matt ?

It seems like a good rod for the money although I felt it was a bit top heavy compared to a couple of others I tried out when I waggled one in the shop (albeit without a reel on). One of my mate's has got one so I'll  see it in action at the weekend all being well.

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I've had the 250 for over a year and loved it, but felt that I was being beaten to the punch sometimes with casting distance. The 200 makes that up instantly!! And I have such faith in rod! After using it myself I can honestly say its awesome. Great power, great tip for stickbaits, I haven't tried a popper yet. And I have seen Sami winch in monsters on it! Definitely worth the money!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Very nice report Matt and thank you for sharing.

Is that stunning long pink and silver stickbait a Moutekenmaru?  Beautiful looking thing.

And, you dad and I share the same taste in watches :)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Great work Matt! Those Sirens are kicking ass!

Your Moutou's have arrived ;) GT size!

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thanks fellas - Yeah Mark, Moutu - very nice lure - but has had its arse ripped off now - which is bit of a shame... but cant complain!

Luke - YEAH BABY!!

Sami Ghandour

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Well done Matt!!
Must been a hell of day having the old man and your brother fighting over your gear  :)
you know who to call when they decide to take the drive down south with you next season  ;)

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
haha we had a chat last night, and i think they are in for a trip.... so I think there are gonna be a few extra shipments coming to dubai this year!