Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
90Kg Doggie landed on a Synit DeepShot 450 and below a 80Kg Doggie landed on a Synit DeepShot Seriola in Tanzania
Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:04:04 PM by Anesh Patel

Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
MY GOD.  that looks both horrifying and incredible at the same time. How much drag dig that thing take out?

Anesh Patel

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Not sure Nathan, unfortunately I wasn't on the trip. I was sent these pictures from my Singaporian friend after thier trip to Tanzania. The DS450 can handle 18Kg of drag easily if that helps to answer your question  ;)

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Absolute monsters! Do you know where in Tanzania they were taken?

The fish in the first pic definitely looks more than 10kg heavier than the last pic!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I am guessing it would have been Rodriques?

Very impressive.

George Relf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Wowww. Monster doggies

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
Absolutely epic fish.... judging by the boat, and that they were taken in Tanzania, my guess would be they were fishingwith Jason and Maddy from Sport Fishing Tanzania..... Incredible captures!
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Ali Saadi

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
absolutely great capture , thanx for sharing

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Amazing..that big fish looks like it just ate someone with that bulge in its belly.

How does release generally turn out on such big dogs, and in this case?? Does not appear to be much bloating.

Set the ray to GeeT

Sami Ghandour

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Amazing..that big fish looks like it just ate someone with that bulge in its belly.
How does release generally turn out on such big dogs, and in this case?? Does not appear to be much bloating.

Hi Andy,
Unfortunately the big guys won't make it through the fight as the expansion of the bladder is very common when targeting doggies, most of them will die and won't have a chance to make it and push down after the release,
they normally come up floating after their initial run, off course if you're lucky to survive the cut off, the last 25 to 30 meters is normally the easiest part of the fight.
for some reason the small doggies has a higher survival rates.

Mark Engelbrecht

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Monstrous!

Grant Zietsman

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
I want one!

Daniel Wen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
just what is a DS 450?
cant seem to find info on it

colin tecofsky

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
NZ made Synit Deep shot 450.. Check their site Synit rods .co.nz should get them ;)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
The unfortunate reality is that any doggie of that size that is jigged up from the depths is a dead fish. They are almost impossible to release.

If it swims; I want to catch it!