George Trinkler

Fiji GT's, Dogtooth on Opulence
July 31, 2012, 12:46:04 PM
Bula Guys
With Opulence back in Port Denarau now doing day trips for sailfish I finally have some time to share some images of the fantastic fishing we enjoyed at Kadavu Island during the last few months.
If anyone caught our GT show on I-Fish a couple of weeks back you would have noticed we copped our share of bad weather but the beauty of Kadavu is that you can always find a lee to fish somewhere on such a large island. We also trialled our 85 ft cat "Bel Mare" as a mothership and I'm pleased to report that was just fantastic, kicking back at night swapping yarns and enjoying some wonderful meals.

The GT fishing was great but not many monsters, although we did come of second best with a few.

The dogtooth were as mad as ever.

The guys caught some interesting fish from our anchorages of an evening including small dogtooth, big eye, reef fish and some nice jack's.

Spanish mackerel were around in numbers and at times seemed to be everywhere. Yellowfin tuna, sailfish and marlin were also biting pretty good on the days we chased them.

If you are keen on a long range live aboard to Kadavu Island or visiting Fiji and need a reputable operator please contact me.

George Trinkler
www.opulencefishingfiji.com

Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:29:35 PM by George Trinkler

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fiji GT's, Dogtooth on Opulence
July 31, 2012, 01:02:01 PM
Very nice George, that mothership looks pretty schmick not that Opulence is doing it tough either.
Great fishing as we'd expect.

Cheers Dave

George Trinkler

July 31, 2012, 02:17:16 PM
Thank's Dave. The mothership was just fantastic, I nearly shed a tear when they headed back to Denarau with the chef, bar, jet ski and coffee machine. Must get a cappuccino maker for Opulence.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 31, 2012, 04:19:51 PM
Hi George...  some lovely fish there. Any of the Doggies on top water or all on jig?

Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 31, 2012, 09:39:32 PM
HUGE FISH AND HUGE BOAT!

Vincenzo

George Trinkler

August 01, 2012, 08:08:25 AM
Mark we occaisionaly get dogtooth when popping for GT's but mostly on jigs, the ones pictured were caught jigging except for the last one I'm holding which ate a 7kg yellowfin.

joe sciberras

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 01, 2012, 08:21:52 PM
great photos great fish wish i was there

Daniel Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 02, 2012, 02:44:30 PM
that's sensational fishing. just what we needed while sheltering from winter here in Sydney.