Ben Lovelace

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Late Post Musandam GT
June 04, 2012, 08:30:59 AM
Hi Cameron
Thanks for the info. What are you views on moon phase effects on GT's? I have read that some folks think it is better fishing on a full moon and some think after a full moon.

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
June 04, 2012, 11:10:06 PM
Hi Ben Moon phases and fishing is a rather large can of worms best opened with caution!
In the Musansdam we get the strongest tidal currents 3-4 days after the full moon which generally makes for good fishing but the same doesn't automatically apply to SO  .
Personally I think the best time to go fishing is any time you can get away

Ben Lovelace

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 09:10:05 AM
Hi Cameron, I tend to agree with you on go fishing when ever you can. Thanks for the opinion and enjoy your well deserved vacation as they are always to short.

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 12:42:22 PM
Hi Ben and Brian, I have a couple of dates possible in February on one of the two boats. I'll send it through on email. The currents and tides don't push and pull as much as the Musandam and also that wind current and wave action was a big factor. Also the spawning season started around early to middle of February which brought on the fishing at certain times. Look forward to having you guys on the islands in Southern Oman, think you really going to enjoy it!

Hi Cameron, Awesome season big guy, well done on all the fish you landed and next year Southern Oman and Musandam is going to be a epic! Hope you finished packing all your gear! See you in about 10 days in South Africa for some queen mackerel fishing along with a few beers!! Hit it!!

Cheers,
Nick

Ben Lovelace

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 04:39:22 PM
Sounds good Nick, looking forward to it.
Cheers
Ben

Brian J Richardson

June 05, 2012, 07:31:55 PM
Let's go get em.  Nick sent you an email.  Ben I sent you a PM