Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Komodo
June 09, 2012, 05:27:44 PM
Great stuff Will and good to hear.

We do similar things here in Bali with Adhek's CARE stickers.  If you want any of those let me know and I will post them to you.

Will Wragg

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
June 09, 2012, 06:40:40 PM
Ben, I can send you one from Fiji, but you'll have to wait a couple of weeks until I can get to a post office as I'm out on Tokoriki. Alternatively, you can do what I did, download it from Giant-Trevally website, and, subject to Luke's approval, get it printed on to stickers.

Mark, that's a cool sticker.I would love some,but it will cost a bit to send them to Fiji. If I could get the artwork, I can easily get them printed onto stickers, again subject to permission.

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 11, 2012, 03:05:58 PM
What does say a 20kg plus GT taste like...?

I have never tasted one nor do i have any desire to do so.......but I would imagine they would be horrible on the plate...???

Pete

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 11, 2012, 03:59:12 PM
It's borderline inedible Pete but I have seen very large GTs prepared on an open charcoal grill and also curried.  The heads get used for making soup.

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
June 12, 2012, 07:29:25 AM
You guys are all a bunch of thread Hijackers what happen to Komodo! ;D lol Pete just for your curiousity GT's taste like crap and are full of ciguatera in Hawaii :P lol

A good thing about hawaii is we have a free and voluntary T&R program and if your fish ever gets recaptured they will call you and let you know where it was recaptured along with its current fork length and they will send you a t shirt as long as the fisherman call it in. Ive yet to have one recaptured but hope one will soon so I can have a t shirt. Our Tags that we use are very similar to the one shown in pics in Nick Bowles recent report in Tokara.

aloha

charles
GT FIGHT CLUB

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 12, 2012, 11:49:31 AM
 ;D Charles.

Any discussion about "......why less fish at an Asian site" will inevitably veer towards lack of CnR practices.

Richard Ghalayini

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 25, 2012, 02:10:02 PM
Shame on some ppl around the globe on slaying and bludgeoned these majestic creatures Ive never caught one hopefully one day soon but in a heartbeat I'd release it without a doubt after some magnificent photo with it they look so innocent similar to a Murray cod how can anyone keep one of those and I know they're two different fish but looking at them both fresh or salt we have to be a little more conservative I'm probably being a little hard in some ways and we'd understand ppl that have been raised on certain areas and islands would have to survive on fish like these as their daily dietary upbringing but DVD and certain fishing company's killing in the name of just the attitude plenty of fish in the sea these corporates should be named and shamed sorry Brandon I'm asking you to drop any names but this must stop.

Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 02:12:06 PM by Richard Ghalayini