Richard Ghalayini

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: UV face protection
July 04, 2012, 06:04:14 PM
Love the tooth-brushing advice :).

There is no doubt that wearing a buff and a long sleeved shirt is great protection. I just don't like the way either feels.

Worst thing about sunscreen in the hot and humid tropics where I mostly fish is when you sweat and the sunscreen from your forehead starts running into your eyes.

Do a McEnroe wear a head band it may look dorky but hey who's looking the GTs haha,but I hear you Mark the buff would be a bit annoying but essential beats having a redneck no banjo lol :P
Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:07:23 PM by Richard Ghalayini

Andrew Susani

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
July 04, 2012, 08:22:13 PM
I don't like buffs either but plenty of people love them so good on them!

Nobody has mentioned these... I like mine, and they do the job well (modelled here by Tye).  All I have to do is put suncream on the lower part of my face.

Focus on the pop

Wayne STOCKER

July 11, 2012, 08:50:37 AM
It gets hot in Western Australia, sometimes 46 degrees Celsius combine that with clear skys, low humidity and 20 knot winds and the results can lead straight to the burns unit in the hospital.

I always wear a hat and in extremis I put sunscreen on my nose only. A lot of crew here wear an Arafat Hat or Urban Turban. On my list is to try out one of these and/or a buff. I reckon the buff gives better visibility.

So, at the moment hat and sunscreen but next step is to use a buff.