Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
S.Oman end of season report @ No Boundaries
June 22, 2012, 09:04:17 PM

We will be receiving a brand new second boat next month. Hardaan 1 has done a fabulous job this season and is everything you would expect from a custom made professional fishing boat including live bait wells, bean bags for the journey & 20+ rod holders on board. Hardaan 2 will be an identical boat keeping the No Boundaries standards we have set in season 1.

No Boundaries pioneered the first tag & release program for GTs in the Middle East this season. One of my biggest passions is conservation and we take great pride in running this unique scheme which we personally fund. It is excellent news to hear that other operators will be following the No Boundaries example and start tagging fish next season.

I am sure you have all seen hundreds of the monsterous fish caught here in S.Oman so for once I will keep a report fish free (sorry!), there are however lots of pics of GTs 50 & 60kg + as well as many other fantastic fish on
www.facebook.com/noboundariesoman

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Tremendous Ed and very well done. As always your commitment to the region comes across so well.

Great to hear that a 2nd boat is confirmed.  That makes larger groups very feasible.

October cannot come soon enough :) .

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Hi Ed,

Excellent note and pictures, it's great to see the commitment to understanding and preserving a world class fishery.

I'm also impressed with your consideration to safety matters, guest comfort and food, and very happy to see you have storage for 20 rods on the boats :-[.

Looking forward to meeting you later this year.

Andy
Set the ray to GeeT

Ryan Theyer

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Well done Ed. Definatley on my list of places to visit and fish  ;)

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:

Looking forward to getting out on the Ocean with you again Mark, I really enjoyed having you here and fishing with you. Thanks Andy .. these are the small things that we try very hard to achieve along with catching BUS fish!

Never mind forgetting the choco at the supermarket - try forgetting to mention the youngest member of the No Boundaries team to incure the wife's wrath. My bad.

Future GT bad man & Guide - Phoenix Nicholas  8)

Ben Lovelace

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
O boy... Sounds like someone owes there wife a shopping trip to Dubai Mall... ;D

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
I wonder if they'd let you throw a few poppers in the aquarium?

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Dubai Mall  :-[ Didnt think it was that bad, looks like i will have to settle for a new gosa' 10k instead of the Stella 10k now!

Aquarium is awesome and often thought of throwing a line in, heaps of GT in there too! At least no Whale Shark like they had at Atlantis which then 'disappeared', not cool.