Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Im a Shimano Man, but these do look good!

http://daiwafishing.com.au/?p=11949

Troy Marien

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Looks a bit like a big Branzino. Looks good but.

Not sure if I like the Zaion Air Rotor. I have a little 3000 Certate and in a bit of a breeze the line likes to get caught around it. Probably isn't much of a problem but it's not as solid as the older style rotor to. The Zaion one flexes a bit.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Looks like a 2010 Saltiga 6500 with a larger spool and the old Dogfight livery.

I wonder if the larger spool size (equivalent to a Stella 20000 I would guess) will make a difference with customer take-up? Observationally at least, the market penetration of the 2010 Saltiga 6500 has been poor.
Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:21:49 PM by Mark Harris

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
As a Shimano fan I must say that these look sweeeeet.... and so tempting. The only thing that puts me off is price. An extra $400 more than you can pick up a JDM SW18000HG for and around double what you can get an 18000SW for... The extra line capacity is not needed unless you were planning on using PE12.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
No doubt that all the new Saltigas look great Jay.

I so nearly bought a 6500H but went for a second Stella 18000 instead.  In the end I just could not get past the extra cost, the small weaknesses identified in thorough reviews of the reel, and the flex in the rotor.  I love my old Dogfight and it still feels like a more robust reel than the 2010 Saltiga.

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
I am a big Daiwa fan and honestly i would not buy a new one. Maybe the Dogfight is differet who knows - we can only hope.

I have an older S-Extreme 6500 and the new Saltiga just doesnt compare.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I'll leave these for the ironmen out there who want to fish PE12!
I assume this reel was made with tuna anglers in mind?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
saw this the another day .

if you want 7000 spool for your old saltiga .

check this link .
http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/product_info/language/en/products_id/16844/rcs-7000-spool-for-new-saltiga.html

cheer Mick <"((><

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
The stated line caps of that RCS 7000 spool seem the same as a Shimano 20000. For example I get 600 metres of PE5 on my 20000.  Mick, I think it is for a new 2010 Saltiga though, not the old model.

I would guess Brandon is correct and Daiwa have Tuna fisherman in mind with a 7000H reel.

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Mark,

It seems new 6000 / 6500 size spools are compatible with old models and this new 7000 size spool may fit old 5000/6000/6500 model if that is the case.

Cheers,
Tak

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Well spotted Mick!

Anybody heard of RCS before and where these are manufactured?
Set the ray to GeeT

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Andy,

RCS (Real Custom System) is the series of optional parts for Daiwa reels and they are on the market quite some time now since Daiwa introduced Real Four Reels. They are manufactured by I'ZE Factory which is sort of optional parts and customise division within Daiwa.

Cheers,
Tak

Well spotted Mick!

Anybody heard of RCS before and where these are manufactured?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I kind of think of RCS being to Daiwa as Yumeya is Shimano. Is that about right?

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
I think so too Mark. I'ZE Factory is similar to Yumeya in Shimano.

I kind of think of RCS being to Daiwa as Yumeya is Shimano. Is that about right?