Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hots in Oman with Ocean Active
March 26, 2012, 06:57:29 PM
Nick you have made your own luck, your whole operation looks outstanding, the boats and lodgings and the very unique locations. I really want to fish GT in Oman OA.

Hi Andy, Many thanks! Truly amazing place to fish at the moment, and I personally cannot believe all the big fish. I always say if we have a chance at a 50kg+ GT in a whole trip we lucky. But hopefully this will carry on for the rest of the season and clients can get a few more trophies and sore arms!! I think I was more lucky than anything else to get those big fish on PE6. I must say I would never had thought it possible a few months ago.  All good fun!

Cheers,
Nick
Set the ray to GeeT

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 26, 2012, 11:54:35 PM
Hi Andy, Many thank, been a lot of hard work and fun over the years but all paying of now! You welcome to come anytime, give us a shout and we can make a plan.

Cheers,
Nick

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
March 27, 2012, 09:16:18 AM
Cracking report Nick,well done to you and the boys,cracking photos also as always..

David DeCourcy

May 03, 2012, 02:21:05 PM
Hi Nick

could you shed some light on the 77XH rod?

cheers
David

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
May 03, 2012, 10:21:15 PM
Hi David,

I tried both the 77XH and the 77XXXH. My thinking behind the choice of using the two rods was to use the XH for stickbaits as it has a softer tip and the XXXH as a popping rod. Both rods handled very well and I was impressed by casting distance and action of the rods.

For the XH I used PE8 with a Stella 18K and mainly used sticks around the 160gr mark. The rods action and casting distance was very impressive as I thought that I was going to overload the rod on the bigger stickbaits with heavy hook but this was not the case. I also used the rod when there was a bit of swell and chop with poppers as the slower action of the rod enables me to keep the popper in the water a bit easier. I unfortunately did not land any big fish on the rod but had a couple of good fish that pulled the hooks.

I've ordered a bunch for the shop for later this year when our season starts as it is a great all round rod that can be used for both popping and stickbaits although I would suggest it more as a stickbait rod.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Nick

David DeCourcy

June 04, 2012, 05:00:55 PM
Thanks Nick...... :)

wish you the best for the coming season

David

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 04, 2012, 06:23:17 PM
Many thanks David!

Alan Syme

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 06, 2012, 04:22:15 PM
sensational fishing and photography. great size of gts, on my to do list. thanks for sharing.