Santosh Shanmuga

The Best Fishing company?
March 12, 2008, 07:56:07 AM
Hey guys, how would you rate Nomad Sportfishing, Carpentaria Seafaris, and Le Poisson Banane in terms of price, fishing, and service? Are there any other companies you think deserve mention, and are there any specific criteria that make these companies special? Thanks!

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Best Fishing company?
March 12, 2008, 08:14:39 AM
Santosh - much of such a response is based on a person's individual views and what they look for in a fishing charter.

Nomad provides specific aspects which some fisherman would not feel are necessary but which you have to pay for. This includes the floatplane ride out, air-conditioned accommodation, first class food, etc.

With LPB, you can get good accommodation if you want but if you plan it accordingly, you can even camp out if that is your option. Obviously, all of these have a bearing on the cost.

The guys are all expert fishermen and they all know how to handle their boats. The fishing goes without saying. You still need to pick the right times but when it's on it's what you would expect fishing in really remote areas.

Now - you better get back and finish school and start working so you can afford to go on these trips instead of dreaming about them all the time! Where do you live, btw? I see you mentioned the Great Lakes. It that Great Lakes as in US/Canada?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Santosh Shanmuga

March 12, 2008, 11:53:58 AM
Thanks for the reply Brandon. Yep, it's the great lakes on the border of Canada/US. I live right in the middle of them, in the state of Michigan.

Hopefully I'll have enough by then. I have a couple thousand saved up, and I'll start working more this summer, and possible near full-time in a year when I go to college.

I should make another $1000 this summer/early fall...I'm getting there!  ;D

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
That will get you a few poppers anyway... ;) :D

Pete

Santosh Shanmuga

March 12, 2008, 01:21:42 PM
LOL. This is by far the most expensive type of fish, terminal tackle-wise.

$50 dollars for a lure!!!! :o
Well, at least a rod won't cost me too much...

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 12, 2008, 01:46:43 PM
Santosh - $50 isn't much for a GT popper. Have you checked out the prices on the rods?
How did you develop an interest in fishing for GTs from where you are?!  ???  There wouldn't be a GT within God knows, how many thousand miles of where you are?

LOL. This is by far the most expensive type of fish, terminal tackle-wise.

$50 dollars for a lure!!!! :o
Well, at least a rod won't cost me too much...
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Santosh Shanmuga

March 13, 2008, 05:54:06 AM
Brandon, I plan on building a GT rod. I can make a quality Calstar for pooping for under 200 USD

As for GT fishing, I've tangled with a couple smaller GTs flyfishing from beaches in Hawaii. Also, I love catching their smaller cousins, the jack crevalle in Florida.

I love fishing new and exotic places. After being to Los Loques and Baja Mexico, I was thinking of Christmas Island next...after hearing about monster GTs in the IndoPacific, I joined this site.

It's fate... ;D

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 13, 2008, 09:50:23 AM
It's fatel  ;)
         ^
         a

Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:53:50 AM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

lonhro

March 13, 2008, 10:56:54 AM
 THIS is So true Greg LOL.

Stocked up on Rum for your upcoming fishing trip ??? ;D

Santosh Run while you can before the addiction kicks in really really BAD.

Santosh Shanmuga

March 13, 2008, 01:00:37 PM
THIS is So true Greg LOL.

Stocked up on Rum for your upcoming fishing trip ??? ;D

Santosh Run while you can before the addiction kicks in really really BAD.

Lol, it's already too late!  :D