Aaron Concord

Hi All,
Perhaps this should have been a poll on whose feeling depressed/suicidal/morbid/ in the area between Townsville and Tweed Heads from the persistant SE'ers we have had.
I mean, I'm still getting over neck surgery and I am depressed at how little fishing anyone has done lately due to the 20-30Kn of wind that seems to be "stuck there"....HEY LUKE...AT LEAST "THE GT" BOMBIE IS PRISTINE....no one would have been there or they would have died!!!!!!!

Anyone found a "lee to crack a GT"????

Aaron Concord

Guys,
THIS IS A SERIOUS POST!!!
I really want to know what effect it has had...could be an intersting story in it...
They don't call it a "Tropical Depression" for nothing, so I really would like feed-back on how the weather is affecting you if you live along Queensland right now.

Cheers

Aaron.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Why limit it to QLD...come down Sydney way and enjoy the four seasons in day routine we have had this summer. Rain/wind/swell and then bright sunny days. You cant pick it at all. At least up in QLD when it stops you still can get decent fish. Down here once the main run of kings go there aint much else to really gun for. Its been a shocker season all round....

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Hi All,
Perhaps this should have been a poll on whose feeling depressed/suicidal/morbid/ in the area between Townsville and Tweed Heads from the persistant SE'ers we have had.
I mean, I'm still getting over neck surgery and I am depressed at how little fishing anyone has done lately due to the 20-30Kn of wind that seems to be "stuck there"....HEY LUKE...AT LEAST "THE GT" BOMBIE IS PRISTINE....no one would have been there or they would have died!!!!!!!

Anyone found a "lee to crack a GT"????

Mate...."the bombie" (where is that bombie ;D) will be like a proverbial time bomb -> For anyone going to see the movie 10,000 BC, wait until we get back it will be like "10,000 GT"!!!!!!!

Don't worry mate, i'm still getting over fishing in a different region every week - i'll get by :P ;)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Why limit it to QLD...come down Sydney way and enjoy the four seasons in day routine we have had this summer. Rain/wind/swell and then bright sunny days. You cant pick it at all. At least up in QLD when it stops you still can get decent fish. Down here once the main run of kings go there aint much else to really gun for. Its been a shocker season all round....

I feel your pain mate, I'm currently wearing a rainjacket, budgie smugglers and knee high ugg boots to work to be preapred for all the seasons!

Aaron Concord

Andrew,
I hear your point loud n clear...
It's a pain though, knowing you have fish literally 30km from where I am big enough to swallow a Mini, yet this summer has been rotten...guess the surgeon picked a good time to fix my neck for when the weather DOES come good.

Luke,
You know it. I know it. That "spot" will be hot!!!
I thought to myself I really couldn't care if it's not until winter. We will still get spanked by fish up to 40kgs...the big mummas move away, though I'd be happy with a Toadfish right about now!
Actually, winter would be a terrific time to see how the BIG spanish mackerel like the stick baits there too...they jump 30 feet in the air with a blooper across their maw, though in about 40 strikes, I haven't landed one because the GT drag setting pulls the hooks....another reason to keep dreaming...shit knows I've done as much rigging as I can stand!!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 12:44:29 PM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Aaron Concord

Greg,
As I said the irony is at present, we have been pinned in by the weather for an exceedingly long time this year...La Nina doesn't give us a chance to have a fish "down at the local"...
Mates who HAVE gotten out in very small windows of weather have said the fish are there, though most times the barometer is that damn low it ends up a bunch of swipes and tail slaps rather than the full-on "I kill U!!" mode they are in during better times of barometer and water temp.
I can only hope April/May is going to be good weather wise.
As much as we have needed the rain, I am pissed about the whistling sound outside from the constant SE'ers...Even in a 26 foot Powercat, there is a level of sanity I am no longer willing to pass...maybe? ::)

Santosh Shanmuga

It still must be nice living so close to great fishing and water...The Great Lakes here have some nice fishing, especially for salmon, but nowhere near the diversity that the ocean brings...

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Cairns is blown out at the moment.  The water's pretty murky too and there are lots of floating logs, obstacles etc out there.  Good time to go over the boat and fix a few things.

Don't worry, they'll still be there when the weather comes good..
Cairns Bommie Basher