harley ray

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
support
August 14, 2012, 02:12:25 PM
I am after ideas for support of my lower back.
I have noticed that jigging master and MC make a kidney harness similar to the black magic equalizer are they lighter or different?
I am asking as I took a good stack on the stones and have effed my back with a trip booked early October
Also thoughts on popping pads Vs gimbals.

Cheers

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: support
August 14, 2012, 06:48:44 PM
Harley, if you need a back support you can pick up a weightlifting support belt at a fraction of the cost of the limited number of fishing supports available.  You can get a nylon one for about $30.  Just pop into a decent gym or sporting goods shop.

A friend of mine went down this route, saved a lot of money and used his fighting belt as normal together with a weightlifting support belt.

Rob Lawson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 14, 2012, 07:30:26 PM
Hey Harley
I cant comment on how similar the JM is to the equaliser.
I have a bad back and use the JM suport and I find it to be great. I use it with the JM gimbal belt.
originally I was using a belt designed for heavy lifting ( available at hard wear stores ) and that worked well. I changed to the JM so I could integrate the support with a gimbal.
I use the set up for jigging samsons etc.

The JM works for me, take from that what you will.
Cheers
Bob

Doug Terry

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
August 14, 2012, 09:09:32 PM
Due to a fractured vertebra I'm worried that if I get stuck into a decent sized GT and my back gives way I'll lose both rod and reel overboard.
Is there some way of attaching the gear to the boat, as opposed to me so I don't lose the gear.

harley ray

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 15, 2012, 06:14:28 PM
Cheers for the replies,
I own a equalizer I guess I will just take that and tape up the clips.