Extreme Jigging: Dogtooth Tuna, Yellowtail Kingfish (Hiramasa), Amberjack, Samson Fish > Reports & Expedtions

Jigging Brisbane 9/9

(1/1)

Duncan O'Connell:
Finally got out for a jigging session on the weekend. I haven't been able to get out there recently on a serious jig mission so it was great to stretch out the arms again. Fishing with Bill Coreton and a bunch of regulars from the shop, we hit the 100m grounds early. It felt like a weekday out there instead of a sunday, there were hardly any other anglers on the water. The inshore souwester may have put them off, but we never really experienced anything above 12 or 13 knots all day.
Taz, the first time jigger, got stuck into them straight away knocking off a bunch of smaller kings on the Maria blue flame. Le was getting into them too and Chris put his patriot rod to good use on the the fish of day, a 14kg king.
Later on the wind shifted to the east and the fish slowed down, so we moved around to a few different spots. Back on the trusty Square Patch, we landed a few more kings and had a double screaming bustoff. I'd just put down the heavy rod and flicked out a plastic on PE3. I got hit half way down in 80m and never really looked in the hunt when I got pinged on the bottom. Taz, who was jigging next to me got hit too and was just starting to make headway on 60lb, when a shark made its move and took the lot.
All in all a great day with good company - can't wait to hit the Tweed next week with Rod on RU4Reel and do it all over again!

Vic Levett:
Looks like a great day .. Im taking our boat MOJO  up next week by water from sydney (33 Pursuit )  Keen to hit a few spots on the way up .. Weather permitting  Thanks for sharing . Regards Vic

Joshua Fifis:
I'd love to get out and have a go at this one day. Looks awesome fun!

Lucas Nixon:
Hey mate,

Always good to get stuck into a few kings.

No good on the bust offs mate I wonder how many kings there are cruising around those waters with 300mm jigs hanging off their face.

What was the water temp like out there?

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version