Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: new Cal sept 2012 with Olivier!!!
September 27, 2012, 12:43:19 AM
Hi Rob,

A really, really entertaining report. I'm having a good chuckle because I've just returned from a trip where its the first time I've actually run out of split rings, swivels and hooks!

I almost ran out of poppers but I was clutching onto my two last gammas and one last seafrog refusing to cast them in!!! These were the last three poppers I had left - just what do you do in such situation???!!

Fortunately I could call upon an emergency drop of lures.... That surely has to be THE most convenient phone call I have ever made.  ;)

P.S. I cant believe you're still holding me responsible for 'ruining your dream trip' to NC!
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
September 27, 2012, 07:57:49 AM
Great report Rob, sounds like you had a ball mate   ;)

Tail hooked Doggie on a Kong  ;D ;D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
September 27, 2012, 10:02:41 AM
I almost ran out of poppers but I was clutching onto my two last gammas and one last seafrog refusing to cast them in!!!

Why own them then? Or are you just a fan fisher?  ;)

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 27, 2012, 10:11:35 AM
I almost ran out of poppers but I was clutching onto my two last gammas and one last seafrog refusing to cast them in!!!

Why own them then? Or are you just a fan fisher?  ;)

Oh, after losing about 13 of their friends already out of my own tackle bag, I'm just a fan fisher.

By the way Rob - by that average you're only at 9 lures lost per angler for the whole trip. We were losing that many lures per angler per day:'(

Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:21:00 AM by Kasey Leong

Eric Tai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 27, 2012, 11:53:00 AM
Awesome trip report Rob!

Alan Syme

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 27, 2012, 04:39:50 PM
great report, thanks for the read and photos. looks great fun.

that is alot of lures lost but know how it can happen, at times it is easy to lose poppers on almost every cast or two in some tiger territory.

does this operation have a website for further details, FAQs etc please??

thanks alan

Wan Izhan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 27, 2012, 10:54:39 PM
Hi Rob,

A really, really entertaining report. I'm having a good chuckle because I've just returned from a trip where its the first time I've actually run out of split rings, swivels and hooks!

I almost ran out of poppers but I was clutching onto my two last gammas and one last seafrog refusing to cast them in!!! These were the last three poppers I had left - just what do you do in such situation???!!

Fortunately I could call upon an emergency drop of lures.... That surely has to be THE most convenient phone call I have ever made.  ;)

P.S. I cant believe you're still holding me responsible for 'ruining your dream trip' to NC!

Walauweh Kasey!!!!where is this place?

Ricky Lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 28, 2012, 01:31:22 AM
Great report Rob

How's the boat like for casting out from the back deck?
Look like you guys had a great time.

Ricky

Graham McKenzie

September 28, 2012, 05:03:42 PM
Great report Rob I took 60 odd lures to the chesterfield but only lost two. Mostly because the weather shut us down for at least 4 of the 8 days we were to spend there.
Sharks were a big issue for any fish hooked.

Robert Tapert

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 29, 2012, 11:04:12 AM
Kasey!!!

I will always find someone to blame. you looked the part emerging from the air port in NC as R ;Dicky, Eric and I had patiently waited 24 hours like faithful pups for your arrival. Then again i guess i could blame Brandon as he organized the Nomad trip that  made you late. Maybe that  should be my  story!!

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 29, 2012, 10:20:55 PM
Wan - that was at Bligh Reef, with Nomad.

Rob - I still feel guilty  :'( To lay it bare: I put forth what I thought was the best option, given my absolutely uncertain weather and flight conditions at that point. I can't remember why we didn't agree to send the three of you up to Koumac first, to squeeze in a days fishing and to then meet up with me at the marina at the end of Day 1. I do remember that I was led to believe there was always a chance for me to make it on time. It really didn't help that we were out in the middle of nowhere with absolutely no phone reception. Did you know that the plane actually came half-way out to get us, only to turn back-around, and that Plan B was to send helicopters to evacuate us but that didn't eventuate as well? Then there was the issue of securing last minute flights from any airport I could fly out from to get to Noumea...

I don't think I'll ever live this one down!  :-[

Sorry for going off on a tangent
Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 10:35:46 PM by Kasey Leong