Jason D'Angelo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
PE choice help
September 24, 2012, 11:23:34 PM
Probly seems like a useless post but im still learning and need help deciding before i spool.
so i have 4 6500z daiwa spools for 2 reels
i need to spool up for my up coming charter trip in vanuatu

2 spools for Popping
and
2 spools for jigging

does any body no whats the heaviest pe you can fit on a 6500z spool ??

need at least 200-250metres maybe even less for 2 spools popping casting on carpenter DJ83MH and Jigging Master Gt monster 8'6
and 250-300metres for 2 spools jigging on jigging master 3 kings pe4-8 and saltiga extreme pe8-10

any one know how much of pe8 and pe 10 you would fit on a 6500z spool and what brands this pe is??

also does anybody rate the SUNLINE MONSTER BATTLE PE and the

Sunline P.E Line X8 Jigger 8HG Saltwater Special ??

Need help and recommended choices for my applications of fishing

Thanks all, its hard to know till you put it on your spools i dont want to buy to heavy and then get hardly and on the spools
as i need it jigging for dogtooth tuna and popping for gts and dogtooth tuna

Regards, Jason
Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:46:37 PM by Jason DAngelo
Pain is Temporary, Glory is forever.

Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: PE choice help
September 25, 2012, 07:19:27 AM
Hey Jason,
With the 2 rods you've named I'm guessing u won't be using large lures so personally I'd go for pe8 for popping as you'll cast a lot further. You'll get 300m of pe8 on a 6500 spool and lately I've been using ygk full drag in the pe8 which is 115lb. Awesome stuff and u can buy it in 600m lengths to do both spools. Jigging I'd run pe6 as you'll be able to use lighter jigs and if the situation arises where u need extra stopping power, u can always switch to the pe8 spools. Fishhead have the new daiwa jigging braid which is pe 6 92lb! Give that a run otherwise the Varivas big one is awesome line as is the ygk ultra jigman.
The sunline you mentioned a mate of mine uses and it doesn't seem to cast as well as the Varivas n ygk. It also seems to get a lot of wind nots.
Just my thoughts.
Chris

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
September 25, 2012, 08:25:50 AM
Exactly what Christoffer says (2x)!  I have had great success with the YGK PE6 and 8 (Ultra).  I normally back my PE6 spools with about 100m (leftover PE6) then top with a full 300m spool of YGK.  If you make it down to the knot, you are having a great day!

Jason D'Angelo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 25, 2012, 01:36:29 PM
cheers for the reply fellas now i know what to buy and how much of pe6 and 8 it can fit
thanks heaps
Pain is Temporary, Glory is forever.