Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shout 31 Trebles
November 08, 2012, 07:35:33 PM
Wassup guys,  just got in some Shout curved point 31 trebles in size 7/0. Here is what they look like compared to an Owner 76 5/0 and a Decoy 8/0. The Shout is considerably thinner wire than the ST76, and just a little teeny weenie bit thinner than the Decoy 8/0.   

The gap size measured from hook point to hook shafts are:
Shout 31 7/0: 24.5mm
Decoy 8/0:      23.0mm
Owner76 5/0: 22.0mm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Shout 31 Trebles
November 08, 2012, 09:05:11 PM
Thanks for this Nathan, very informative.

I have some of those inbound and was interested to see the bigger gape compared to the Decoy 8/0.

Even though i am trying to ween myself off trebles completely for GT's, I still wanted to have some just out of curiosity.
Set the ray to GeeT

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 08, 2012, 10:04:21 PM
I got my 7/0s yesterday :)

Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 09, 2012, 03:12:02 AM
The hooks look sweet, but i'm a bit skeptical. With the thin wire and extra wide gap size, i'm worried that they'll open up like paper clips. The wire is pretty similar thickness to a ST-66. Hopefully the Shout wire is a stronger than the Owner wire, as almost every ST-66 opens up on even small fish >:(   Will try to be able to put the hooks under some pressure soon - if we ever get the damn current back in Kona :)

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
November 09, 2012, 07:45:29 AM
I got my 7/0s yesterday :)

So... i should be able to buy them off you next weekend? ;)

Maybe ;)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 09, 2012, 11:20:41 AM
Have to wait and see after you test them out, Nathan. I know Owner have been testing a new wire for some time culminating in the release of the STX. It will be interesting to see how this goes on heavier gauge hooks.

The hooks look sweet, but i'm a bit skeptical. With the thin wire and extra wide gap size, i'm worried that they'll open up like paper clips. The wire is pretty similar thickness to a ST-66. Hopefully the Shout wire is a stronger than the Owner wire, as almost every ST-66 opens up on even small fish >:(   Will try to be able to put the hooks under some pressure soon - if we ever get the damn current back in Kona :)
If it swims; I want to catch it!