Kevin Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tuf line Xp
October 04, 2012, 08:27:20 AM
Does anyone has an idea to what breaking strength will 40lb rated tuf line xp break?

Is that rightvto say around 50lb?

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
Re: Tuf line Xp
October 04, 2012, 09:49:48 AM
Kevin, I seem to recall a test that Modern Fishing undertook a few years back of a whole range of lines.  If my memory serves me correct (as I dont still have the article) 50lb tested around 70lb and 80lb tested around 125lb! (it was one of the highest in the 80lb range).  I would expect 40lb would be at least 50 posibbly even nudging 60lb.

Kevin Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 05, 2012, 01:28:51 AM
Thanks very much Peter.

Jon Viney

• Fusilier
  • Fishing is a way of life!
  • Liked:
October 05, 2012, 01:35:57 AM
Hi Kevin,

Check this link out its from their webpage. We use Tufline and although its abit thicker than Japanesse braids the strenght is truely amazing. We also have very salty water here in Dubai and Oman and other braids tend to perish but Tufline really lasts very well.
http://www.tuf-line.com/products_Tuf-Lines_1.html

Tight lines
Jon

Tony Fowler

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 05, 2012, 11:41:15 AM
Hey Jon thanks for the link.

Comparing this table with the Jerry Brown solid spectra table i have and it appears these two brands are almost identical in breaking strain and diameter.

Same with the hollow braids offered by both brands.

Does any body know if they are out of the same factor? I assume so and that jerry just adds his '11 secret herbs and spices" justifying another brand.

Happy to stand corrected.

Chris Webster

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
October 05, 2012, 12:54:12 PM
Check out this website: http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4linetesting.htm

This guy tests a lot of lines. He has done Tuf Line XP 30 and 50 but that should give you an indication anyway.

CW

Kevin Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 05, 2012, 06:22:19 PM
Thanks guys.

John Ryan

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 07, 2012, 07:11:43 PM
I just respooled my biomaster 8000SW with 30lb Tufline. it had 30lb jb solid and the Tuf is definitely thinner but it feels like a flat braid. i like jb but opted for Tuf on this reel to maximize the capacity

Kevin Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 09, 2012, 01:28:26 AM
I was using Sunline super PE and now tuf line as the shop has run out of stock. The sunline in my opinion feels and is a better line than the Tuf line. They are the same diameters for same rated BS.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 09, 2012, 02:19:03 AM
Tuffline XP offers the best bang for the buck , I use Tuffline XP along side Varivas GT Max and although the Japanese PE line is smoother n longer casting , the American made line is good enough for most applications .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .