Jeen Raj

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: EIAO Extreme
September 10, 2012, 05:58:34 PM
Super report and Pics. True spirit of GT adventure. Congrats all around.

Jeen

Steve Li

September 11, 2012, 05:49:56 PM

Haha, I believe the Smith agent would have something to say about that!  ;D

But the GT in the pic doesn't look like a fish that could cause that kind of damage to a 52ex.......  :o

The HIIB Rocket is a rod I am considering for Oman. Mind sharing your observations on the causes for those breakages? You can PM me if thats more appropriate.  ;)

Teddy MOUX

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
September 13, 2012, 08:11:36 AM

Haha, I believe the Smith agent would have something to say about that!  ;D

But the GT in the pic doesn't look like a fish that could cause that kind of damage to a 52ex.......  :o

The HIIB Rocket is a rod I am considering for Oman. Mind sharing your observations on the causes for those breakages? You can PM me if thats more appropriate.  ;)

To be frank, I had heard about this problem with the HIIB more than a couple of times. Initially, I put it down as angler error the first time but this problem seem to be quite consistant...... so maybe the fault lies with the rod!!!  :o

How deep were you guys jigging at EIAO? Were you guys putting on some serious drag on the reels??? Such high number of rod breakages in one trip seems odd. Cheers!

Steve

[/quote]

Kaoha Steve,
Yep, for what I have seen and heard, the HIIB has kind of default. (Maybe for Kozo clones only  :D)
Around EIAO, you can jig 10 (!)  to 300 meters. Most of the time for jigging, we stay between 40 to 140 meters depth.
Because fishes are strong in EIAO, most of the gentlemen who went on EIAO, were using very serious drag. Sometimes, the drag level drops after 1 or 2 days fishing EIAO ...  :D :D :D
Breaking a rod is paying tribute to EIAO  ;D
Woof !!!

Steve Li

September 13, 2012, 01:16:32 PM
SALUTE!!!  :o

Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
September 13, 2012, 02:40:11 PM
Amazing photos and fish,great work mate  8)

Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 15, 2012, 04:56:12 AM
great report and pics luke!