Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Trevor, Many thanks you guys made it easy for us! A really enjoyable trip and look forward to round 2!! Speak when I'm back on the 17th!

Cheers,
Nick

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Sam, Many thanks was a great trip and your lure caught some great fish, really liked the colour! Just had Clem in the shop and showed him all the picks! I think Clem gave the lure to Trevor to try out! Here is a picture I was saving for you!

Cheers,
Nick

Clem Henry

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Awesome boys, nice fish Trevor...I'm fishing Musandam on Sat so will give the other Pink Haku a go up there

Sam, I hope your busy making more...

Matt Born

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Awesome Nick!! Congrats to you all, good to see Wayne smiling with some monsters on his lap!!   (And I don't mean the kind of creatures you can't get on your lap in dubai..... Haha)

Your reports are always entertaining to read, and would make for a great novel! Can't wait to go again!!

Sam Morrison

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Great shot Nick!

Fantastic fish on PE4! I'm still buzzing and I wasn't there...

How that sail never "shook" the lure... Gee I don't know... Seems lady luck was on your side, and I wish you the best of luck for your following trips Nick!

Good luck getting your lure back Clem! (On a side note, I see you have twisted the wiring to run a single rear hook with one split ring, I will wire the lures now on to accept singles just like the poppers so you don't have to twist em')

Hi Sam, Many thanks was a great trip and your lure caught some great fish, really liked the colour! Just had Clem in the shop and showed him all the picks! I think Clem gave the lure to Trevor to try out! Here is a picture I was saving for you!

Cheers,
Nick

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Sam,

Lots of things went right with both that GT and the Saily before they were 'fish in boat'. 

That lure is perfect for the Sailfish here and would more commonly be rigged with an assist off the nose or the belly and a single or an assist off the tail. I was lucky with the trebles as it took it aggressively and both front and back hooks had a good hold.

The rest was sheer skill  ;)

Regards,

Trevor   
Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:01:57 PM by Trevor Skinner

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Well done Nick (and Trevor, Alex and Wayne) - excellent report.

I did give you a couple of waves that one morning at Sniz when the boats were fairly close.... but you were understandably concentrating on your fish  ;) .  Delighted you guys also got into top water Amberjacks - that was a personal highlight of the trip for me as it was a long-standing ambition.

Again very well done connecting with all that early season mayhem  8).

Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 03:05:19 PM by Mark Harris

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Clem, good to see you yesterday, I think the little pink number will work in Musandam very well, there are some nice sails around and also some medium size GTs. Good luck look forward to hearing the news.

Howzit Matt, Many thanks, just glad guys read my South Effrican english, going to be a good season look forward to seeing your lures in some of these fish!!

Hi Sam, Great lure and Trev hooked and fought the fish very well. Definitely big fish like that lady luck has to shine on you, but also you have to give a little to get a little and Trev stuck to his guns for about 2 days and was well rewarded! The sail was hooked with both trebles on the side of the mouth so stopping the fish throwing the lure!

Hi Trev, it was all sheer skill! Or at least claim it.........

Hi Mark, Hope you're well and had a great trip! Sorry we missed you on the water, definitely need to make a plan next time to meet up and say howzit! The AJs have also been something I've wanted for a long time so glad you managed to get one on top water! Totally awesome fish on top water and I managed to get it on the 4 day in the afternoon after the guys had all pulled a couple! Was starting to doubt my ability!!

Cheers,
Nick

waynedejager

Nick,

I would have put 3 thumbs way up if I could but..............

Regards,

Trevor

Jeen Raj

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Fantastic report. Good fish caught . Congrats all around. Sleepless nights now  :)

Jeen

Raymond Yong

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Awesome report as always Nick! can't wait really can't wait to have my ass kick there  ;)

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Wayno! Was great to fish with you again and to catch a great fish!

Hi Jeen, we have a few monsters waiting for you!! Been a long time look forward to the trip!

Mr Raymond! I can feel my stomach sore from laughing already!!

I'm heading out on an exploratory trip for the next 8 days so will be out of contact and hopefully have a great adventure to report back on!! Till later.

Cheers,
Nick

Ben Lovelace

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Very nice guys, congrats. Looking forward to Feb Nick it will be my 50th so I'll be looking for a 50kg GT and AJ.

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Well done men, great to see everybody sharing such a unique fishery.
Set the ray to GeeT

Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Congrats Nick huge report. i will come one day tov fish in south!

Vincenzo