Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Prescription sunglasses
October 15, 2012, 04:36:37 AM
hey guys,

Ive read through most of the posts of prescription sunglasses but their all from a few years ago.  as technology has changed i thought I'd bring it up again.

http://www.spotters.com.au/play/#row-1

I have been looking at the spotters sunglasses and seems alright.  has any one had any experience with these and what are your thoughts on the different lens colours mainly for gt popping and saltwater shallow casting over bombies etc.

thanks

wes_jones

Re: Prescription sunglasses
October 15, 2012, 09:38:40 AM
Gday Michael

ive had a pair of spotters UNITS in BLUE MIRROR for some years now (not perscription) but i have found them too be a great pair of glasses, i use the blue mirror lens in 1m to 5m depth range for chasing big kingfish here in South Austrailia to chasing tuna in 100m out wide have had a couple other diffrent lens's but in my point of view i have found the blue mirror to be the best lens for me, they really brighten up your targeted area but also making it really clear to see by taking away the glare if that makes sense lol . Not sure weather it would differ for GT's but i would not think so. also the toughness of the glasses got me as well , for a glass lens they are pritty resilent to scratches n cracking.

the blue mirror is now called ice blue

hope this helps.

cheers Wes

Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 09:42:24 AM by Wes Jones

Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 15, 2012, 11:47:17 AM
yea ive got 3 pairs of spotters and are happy with them, now just seeing with the prescription lens what would be more suiting for that style and with some of their new lens styles that came out this year if anyone has had experience with them.

Les Maunder

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 23, 2012, 09:51:47 AM
Hi Michael

I have had prescription spotters for 12 months now. It is limited in colours that are available and the blue reflector is also not available.

I use penetrator for mornings and afternoon and stone for middle of the day.

I have not had any problems to date and would buy again.

Cheers

Les

Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 23, 2012, 08:23:05 PM
Thanks for that Les.

Gavin Swab

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 14, 2013, 12:14:48 AM
Hi Michael

I have had prescription spotters for 12 months now. It is limited in colours that are available and the blue reflector is also not available.

I use penetrator for mornings and afternoon and stone for middle of the day.

I have not had any problems to date and would buy again.

Cheers

Les

Ditto ! I have had a good run with my penetrator lenses, and would do it again. The Costa Del Mar look very nice and have a big following in the U.S
http://blackpete.com.au/shop/brand/costa

Andrew Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 14, 2013, 07:43:48 AM
Costa's all the way. The technology used in the lenses cuts out more glare than any other lens on the market. I used ti work for a company that sold another major brand fishing sunglasses and while the majority of the well known brands are all good, none give you the performance that Costa lenses do.

Regarding prescription, you will need a current script and contact your local dealer to find out which frame and lens combination can be done for your script, or contact the guys at Black Pete Marine. Prescription Costa's aren't cheap though!

Michael Sammut

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 17, 2013, 02:13:04 PM
yea i just got mine in.  ended up getting Maui Jim...couldn't find anyone that stocked the costas here in perth.  Ended up costing about $800 in total

Allan Chan Hian Lian

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 17, 2013, 04:58:05 PM
Should had ordered from here...
https://www.costadelmar.com/shop/sunglasses/tuna-alley
Got mine customed just below $300 shipped to door.
Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:01:17 PM by Allan Chan Hian Lian
Allanchl