Corey Howell

• Fusilier
  • R E L E A S E that G T
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wilson Venom Spin 450g
November 10, 2012, 08:28:55 PM
anyone managed to snap one of these yet ? have been doing some MAD arcs on mine with 100lb braid and all good. that kilwell carbon recipe telegraphs EVERY twitch. for a $350 rod........anyone else on em ?

Corey
Solomon Islands

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Wilson Venom Spin 450g
November 10, 2012, 10:06:31 PM
I have the 350 spin, it has caught plenty of kings in Sydney and surrounds but will be tested on doggies in a weeks time, then I will know more about its capabilities.

Corey Howell

• Fusilier
  • R E L E A S E that G T
  • Liked:
November 10, 2012, 10:22:13 PM
good luck mate! what test braid are you running on it for the dogs ?

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 11, 2012, 12:45:02 AM
Corey, most jig rods today will take a fair bit of abuse but I can assure that everyone of them will break at a certain point
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 11, 2012, 04:26:01 AM
8o lb Corey.

Corey Howell

• Fusilier
  • R E L E A S E that G T
  • Liked:
November 26, 2012, 07:22:55 PM
I have the 350 spin, it has caught plenty of kings in Sydney and surrounds but will be tested on doggies in a weeks time, then I will know more about its capabilities.

how'd the 350 venom go with the doggies Wayne ?

Lou arellano

November 26, 2012, 08:50:14 PM

how'd the 350 venom go with the doggies Wayne ?

What is the verdict on these.... I am after a budget replacement after breaking my jig rod last trip on a snag.....

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 26, 2012, 09:17:47 PM
Have to admit the doggies were not firing on the jig and every one hooked just smoked us. Two jigging rods broke, one of which just exloded. They shall remain nameless. The venom did not get a lot of work but came back in one piece which says something. Not enough prolonged work to give a proper report but I still have confidence in this stick and would not hesitate buying one. It works jigs well and has sic guides and quality fittings. Would have loved to work it more but that is just the way it went.

Lou arellano

November 27, 2012, 01:30:00 AM
How does the reel seat feel on the blank.. I have heard of a few   That have loosen ?

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 27, 2012, 07:17:14 AM
no issues for me...its a fuji like most others? ,

Tommy Du

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 29, 2012, 10:04:11 AM
How does the reel seat feel on the blank.. I have heard of a few   That have loosen ?
I have also been told same thing
Used to drop now onto pop

Lou arellano

November 29, 2012, 10:29:16 AM
no issues for me...its a fuji like most others? ,

I am talking about the glueing in process ....it seems like they havent built it up enough and it allows movement....

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
November 29, 2012, 09:02:38 PM
Ahh c'mon Wayne, we'd like to hear which rods broke. You don't need to bag them but it would be good to hear.

Tommy Du

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 29, 2012, 09:16:42 PM
Ahh c'mon Wayne, we'd like to hear which rods broke. You don't need to bag them but it would be good to hear.

Can you please just say would save us hassle and what's warranty procedure on it?
Used to drop now onto pop

Wayne Brown

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 01, 2012, 04:48:43 PM
Lou, i have not had that problem with my Venom.

In terms of rods that broke, all i can say is that graphite can break. One broke because in my opinion it was never up to the task (ie a cheaper Shimano rod) used my another angler and was, again in my opinion, high sticked. The other rod was a "test" loaner so was not aware of its history, albeit looked new and is a reasonably well known brand. Let's just say if you are tackling doggies, all of your equipment better be up to scratch as it will be seriously tested.