Andrew Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bali GT trip with Ebb Tide Adventures
December 10, 2012, 07:20:36 PM
Hi All!

Just returned from fishing with John Cahill of Ebb Tide Adventures on a 3 day trip with Adhek and the crew on GT1 in Bali. Fished Batu Abah and Lombok. Mark Harris jumped onboard for a day, that had plenty of promise with perfect water and a fish second cast, over all the bite was a little slow but still a fantastic trip!

You can check out the run down of the trip here; http://ebbtideadventures.blogspot.com.au/

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Bali GT trip with Ebb Tide Adventures
December 10, 2012, 07:40:30 PM
Was great finally meeting you Andrew, and to spend at least a little bit of time fishing with you, Dave and Dave.

Bite was definitely slow while you guys were up here but it was refreshing to see you all having such a great time regardless.  At least you got into a few GTs.

Andrew Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 10, 2012, 07:46:38 PM
Likewise Mark. Great trip and Adhek is a great operator. Easy to see the potential of the locations and water we fished. I still don't understand why more people don't get over there for the GT fishing, especially for the value to travel there from Australia!

John Cahill

• Fusilier
  • www.ebbtidetackle.com
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 12:19:15 PM
Hey Smithers nice report! get back here Adhek got some nice fish yesterday before lunch :o
ebbtidetackle.com

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 01:30:42 PM
November and December to date have been weird. Lower numbers of GTs than is normal at this time of the year, but quite a lot of big ones. That's at least 3 recent captures around the 45 kgs mark I know of.

Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 01:54:08 PM
Whoa, how do you deal with a sea snake caught on the line?! Aren't they very venomous?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 02:30:23 PM
I had one once Nathan and it wrapped itself around my jig!  Took a lot of encouragement from a long gaff pole to unravel itself.  Obviously, nobody wanted to bring a venomous sea snake on-board.

I understand that some species are very venomous, including the banded sea krait which we see a lot of in Indonesian waters.  Banded sea kraits even come ashore to breed on the beach where I live.

John Cahill

• Fusilier
  • www.ebbtidetackle.com
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 04:42:39 PM
That one also was attached to a jig, it was a bloody big one!  again deftly unhooked and unravelled by a long handled gaff, a bit of patience and it looked ok as it swam off but hard to tell.
ebbtidetackle.com

Simon Bomholt

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 07:24:33 PM
Greetings
Simon

Andrew Smith

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 11, 2012, 08:58:07 PM
One of the lads hooked that snake on his second lift off the bottom! (And in around 80mt of water!) It certainly wasn't happy but as John said, some delicate pole work and it swum off. There was no visible damage, just plenty of anxious humans on the boat!

John Cahill

• Fusilier
  • www.ebbtidetackle.com
  • Liked:
December 15, 2012, 08:21:16 PM
Well we begin again, 3 days topwater starting tomorrow with a couple of members from here and then Mark Harris and Simon follow us onto GT1 as we finish, fingers crossed for a strong bite and big currents!!
ebbtidetackle.com

Simon Bomholt

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 15, 2012, 09:15:01 PM
We started today, and Mark made a new personal best!! (smallest GT ever), and i jigged a baraa around the same size as the jig..
We are saving up for the big one with Adhek. You guys can drop by lembogan for a beer with us :-)

Greetings
Simon

John Cahill

• Fusilier
  • www.ebbtidetackle.com
  • Liked:
December 17, 2012, 12:00:21 AM
We started today, and Mark made a new personal best!! (smallest GT ever), and i jigged a baraa around the same size as the jig..
We are saving up for the big one with Adhek. You guys can drop by lembogan for a beer with us :-)
  After today Simon I hold great hopes for you guys! 8)
ebbtidetackle.com

Simon Bomholt

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 17, 2012, 12:44:39 AM
Saw it on facebook. What a monster
Greetings
Simon

Adam Gladwin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 18, 2012, 12:52:47 AM
Awesome Andrew,

All the times I have been to Bali and never realised the potential of the GT fishing over there.May have to go over there with my missus and disappear for a few days,haha.
Cheers