Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Power Pro line??
April 09, 2008, 12:57:41 PM
Has anyone had any experience with it??
I'm looking at purchasing a stella 10k and it will come spooled with power pro, I was wondering if its worth keeping?
Cheers

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Power Pro line??
April 09, 2008, 01:17:08 PM
Warwick, a lot of guys I know have used Power pro without any problems whatsoever. I remember a post from a few months back about the South Africans havng problems with the Power Pro there but that is the only time I have heard of any issues with it.

All of that said, if you're buying a reel with it already loaded, I'll assume the line is used. If you're going on a trip to a remote location, I think that it is worth the expense of changing the line. It's just false economy to go out there without a fresh batch of line when you may not know much about how much use that spool of Power pro may have seen.

There would be nothing worse than getting out there and finding problems with it.
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 09, 2008, 02:50:42 PM
Thanks Brandon, the reel i'm looking at is new from a shop in the US and they say that they will load it with free power pro at whatever lb I choose so I assume the line is new.
I have read a couple of reviews and I'm still undecided. But it is free line and i guess I'll get it and see.
Cheers.

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 09, 2008, 04:09:26 PM
Hi Warwick. I have used Power Pro in various tests and colours from 50lb to 100lb over the past 3 or 4 years. Had no problems with it at all and reckon you have nothing to worry about.

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 09, 2008, 05:54:17 PM
Thanks Sachin, I have ordered the reel and its getting loaded with 80lb powerpro.
Hopefully here next week ;D
Cheers

aaron

April 16, 2008, 07:38:20 PM
 its the best..its never let me down