Jake Lawson

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Tokyo tackle shops
January 18, 2013, 10:51:04 PM
Hey I'm heading to Tokyo soon and was wondering if anybody knows of any good tackle shops specializing in jigging and popping or others worth a look. Thanks

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Tokyo tackle shops
January 19, 2013, 12:41:14 AM
ProShop Mogi in Yokohama , you can't go wrong there .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
January 19, 2013, 10:08:24 AM
Hi Jake

I put up a similar thread a couple of months back and had a couple of helpful replies.

Sansui was the standout for me (though I didn't make it to Mogi last time - though will do so next month). There are 3 Sansui stores located close together in Tokyo, but only one has jigging/popping gear. However if you can make it to any of them they will give you a map to the others and it is a short walk. Tackleberry have a lot of second hand kit so stock obviously changes all the time (there are heaps of these stores, one in Shibuya a short walk from Sansui). Unfortunately I didn't see anything there that I wanted but will try again this time.

Mogi also gets plenty of recommendations so give that a go too.

Julian Oon

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 20, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
Hi,

If you are staying near Shibuya, as mentioned there are a few tackle stores near the main train station to check out... Sansui, Tacklberry and Jumbo. Sansui has three stores in close proximity to each other specializing in fresh, fly and saltwater fishing. The Sansui saltwater store has the most extensive range of jigs and poppers out of all the stores with more of the 'high end' brands. The walls are filled with all the gear you wish you had and if you are a tackle junkie you'll be spending hours and a lot of dollars in there. The range of fishing gear in these shops has to be seen to be believed, they have gear for every type of fish you can imagine.

The Sansui stores are more visible with shop fronts on ground level but Tackleberry and Jumbo are on the upper floors of buildings and you have to keep an eye out for the small advertising on the windows. Tackleberry sells some second hand lures and if you are lucky you can pick up a few bargains.

Hope this helps.
Jules

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 20, 2013, 10:33:17 PM
That's a very fine selection of lures.  A visit there would be dangerous for me for sure.

taniy

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 20, 2013, 11:26:18 PM
Hi!

Yes, some mates said Sansui at Shibuya, they are correct.
Sansui branches are located at Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ueno, and Ikebukuro.
I think Sansui Shibuya branch has larger SW tacke shop space than the other branches.
If you go to Shibuya, you can visit other fishing shops, Joshu-ya and Tackle Berry.

If you want to visit Mogi-san's shop, it takes around 40min by train from Shibuya station.  You get on Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line at Shibuya or other stations and get off Azamino station.

Cheers!
TANIY from Tokyo

Jake Lawson

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 23, 2013, 05:25:22 PM
Thanks for the help fellas just have to control my spending now which will be hard. Haha