chris coates

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New boat Exmouth trial in may
January 30, 2013, 06:01:29 PM
Hey guys i know this had prob been asked heaps of times but my dad and myself are getting a new boat built its a "Coraline 620sf" center console with casting platform all the Jaz anyway we have booked a trip to Exmouth from the 4 till the 18th of may. So can anyone give me advice for GT's fishing out from Tandabitti side! Any thing would be helpful chears.
Hunt Smart Fish Hard

wes_jones

Re: New boat Exmouth trial in may
February 02, 2013, 09:44:56 PM
Will be there aswell from the 10 to the 16th but fishing with eddy from peak

chris coates

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 03, 2013, 12:04:57 PM
Ah sweet mate everything I've herd about peak is good news reckon your infor an amazing time.
Hunt Smart Fish Hard

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 07, 2013, 12:31:24 PM
It's pretty simple mate head outside the reef (weather permitting) and cast at the reef break. Should definitely pick up some GT's along with red bass, coral trout, gropers, jobfish etc.. If it's too rough you can also get nice fish inside the lagoon. Don't be afraid to go out of your way and head a bit south to fish areas that are less frequented.

chris coates

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
February 08, 2013, 10:07:41 AM
Thanks Jay
Yeh that's Prity much what i expected just thought I'd ask about never hurts.  So south is good ay? Ill def check it out all things working out. Thanks again mate :o
Hunt Smart Fish Hard

Mark lynch

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
February 25, 2013, 07:19:35 PM
I think one of the mistakes my mates and I have made at exmouth is driving too far from the ramp.
We've made trips to peak, black ledge and most of the other islands up there. No doubt we have caught plenty of fish in the hard to reach places. But usually those days end with the wind coming up a bit and a long uncomfortable ride home.
Then you'll go out the next day and pick up your pb at the entrance to south passage.
My tips for exmouth. Be flexible. Bank on the wind annoying you at some stage. Fish where it will annoy you the least. And be friendly and open your ears with Stevo and Matt at the tackle shops.