Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Any experience with Strike pro Tuna hunter?
March 01, 2013, 10:05:59 AM
Hi all
I've seen some people recommend the strike pro Tuna Hunter poppers for yellow fin and other species, but what about using them for GTs, Bohar snappers and other coral fish?
it is very affordable, I already have the Halco roosta but I'm not sure what to expect from these
Alot of colors are availiable

Travis Heaps

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
Are these the ones that sink...?  I had one and from memory you got what you paid for, not great. 

If you're chasing cheap poppers then the halcos are spot on, cheap and tough.  The R2S will break on decent fish.  Next level up grab some Heru's or variations thereof.   

Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Caught 3 GT from the shoreline with this one, didn't really stand up to the challenge, but at least i got the fish!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Oh boy, did you run that over with a car then drag it around for a few miles!?
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
You got lucky Nathan, I'm glad I asked here, it is true you get what you pay for(well relatively)
Thank you all

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Caught 3 GT from the shoreline with this one, didn't really stand up to the challenge, but at least i got the fish!

Very disappointing to see barbed hooks Nathan  :( .

Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
I dont use any barbed hooks, those are crushed down and it looks like the barb is still there. Probably the one that looks like a barb is one that broke off when i pinched it.
Mahmoud, if i can get a couple fish off the rocks from a 20 dollar popper, i still feel that i get a good value for the money. No use in using expensive stuff when you rarely get more than 2 fish out of one lure before getting broken off on the lava rock reefs.
Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:18:53 PM by Nathan Tsao

Nathan Tsao

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
The wire in this lure came loose after the second fish, then the lead popped out while fishing afterwards a week later. Aside from the poor wiring and weak lead placement, i also find that the weights are inconsistent and below what is advertised. I bought these as an alternative to the Yo-Zuri Surface Bull for my shoreline work, and have never bought them again. For what its worth i still stick with the Surface Bull for my go-to cheap poppers while throwing from the lava.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Good to hear on the barbs mate.