Matt Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Hi guys,

Haven't posted for a while - the GT fishing on The Thames is quite hard going!!

However I and the wife am going to visit friends in Singapore in September and then we are thinking of going to Sabah for some diving, trekking and I want to get some fishing in too.

I understand some of the best fishing may be reserve areas with no fishing allowed i.e. Sipadan etc 
What would you guys say the best options for a cheeky crack at a GT are for me?  At the moment our options for travel are not set in stone and it seems that the recent trouble in Sabah may be a good excuse to suggest an alternative destination for the missus  ;)

Cheers in advance for any advice you can give..

Matt

Steve Li

Hey Matt

Sabah is not known to hold GTs or at least the big ones. There are LOB charters that caters mainly to jigging and bottom bashing. Most charters I know of are based in KK (Kota Kinabalu) or Kuching. Since you will be in Singapore for awhile, hope you have loads of cash sitting around. The tackle available here will be very tempting!  ;)

Steve

Matt Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Thanks Steve,

Any idea what my best other species options might be in that area?

I'll try keep my cash on tight leash  :D

Matt

Steve Li

Not much really.... jigging for Amberjacks will be your best bet. But the LOB charters operate party boats for up to 10pax. Unless you wanna book the entire boat I don't think you have many options there.

Matt Harvey

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Thanks Steve,

Looks like I'll be getting a tan and fishing from the rocks or in the rivers then!

Matt