Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Musandam over the last few days
March 17, 2013, 01:00:09 AM

We had a few more jigs taken by Kingfish which were all over the place we watched two fish go airborne and take flying fish out the air 30 feet from the boat its an awesome sight watching a king fish launch itself out the water snatch a fish out the air and continue a good ten feet straight up before plunging back into the ocean.
At the back of the boat Oom Attie had been flicking an Iron candy and catching scads but when I made a comment about Pensioner's being allowed to take it easy on the boat I was roundly roundly sworn at in Afrikaans and the biggest jig on the boat was sent down towards the ocean floor two pumps off the deck and bang fish on for Atties best GT so far.

We had a few more burn offs and Hani got another GT on his areocast which had him very chuffed while Ahmed proved to be an danger to the Redfanged trigger fish lurking about the reef.

When the current slowed and the fish went of the bite we decided to check out a few of the other spots with some light tackle and chased the tuna around the ocean a bit before heading home all in all a great day

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Musandam over the last few days
March 17, 2013, 04:54:10 PM
Howzit Cam! Awesome report and pics, great to see the Musandam firing. Still a very special place, look forward to heading to Hallaniyat this week with you and doing a bit of fishing!

Cheers,
Nick

Clem Henry

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 17, 2013, 08:15:23 PM
Nice one Cam...some good fish there, roll on 13 April  :)

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 17, 2013, 08:28:26 PM
Howzit Clem, I'll have a sneaky something for you in the shop in a few days time..............

Hani Maher

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
March 18, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
Hi Nick / Cameron

yeah it was a good day at musandam ..thanks cameron we had much fun ..hope to be our captain in soutorn oman 9th April to get some monsters
this time ..
cheers
Hani  8)

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 18, 2013, 03:13:34 AM
Howzit Cam! Awesome report and pics, great to see the Musandam firing. Still a very special place, look forward to heading to Hallaniyat this week with you and doing a bit of fishing!

Cheers,
Nick

Ha ha  looking forward to getting some dirt for the year end fines meeting not often I get the three maniacs I work for on the boat at the same time the go pro is going to go into overdrive!

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 18, 2013, 03:15:20 AM
Hi Nick / Cameron

yeah it was a good day at musandam ..thanks cameron we had much fun ..hope to be our captain in soutorn oman 9th April to get some monsters
this time ..
cheers
Hani  8)

My pleasure Hani i had a blast as well see you down south

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
March 18, 2013, 03:19:14 AM
Nice one Cam...some good fish there, roll on 13 April  :)

Judging from the current fishing April should be a hoot in the last 2 weeks 3 fish over 30 and a couple in the 25  kilo range and thats just my boat LB has been busy as well with some solid fish on Al sayyed 2. did you see the reel that dare not speak it's name on the jigging rod?

Clem Henry

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 18, 2013, 03:24:02 AM
I'm laughing, that's exactly what I was going to say...I did see it actually and the quote from Harry Potter came straight to mind...man, I don't think we start that one up...catch up soon pal

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
March 18, 2013, 03:50:40 AM
Cam going to be hard to beat your performances already this year!!! Got a few points jotted down in the end of year party book! Hundred dollar bills might help your cause.......might!