Scott Yang

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Okuma Cruz Popping rod
March 19, 2013, 02:10:04 PM
I have an Okuma Cruz Popper Rod rated for 200 grams lure weight. I tried casting a 4 oz. Williamson popper but can only cast it about 20 yards. I feel that if I try to load the rod and cast it, it'll break. Is something wrong with the rod or my casting technique. It just feels like the 4 oz lure is too much for rod which is supposedly rated for 200 grams. Has anybody else have an Okuma Cruz or anyother popping rod with the same issue. If you think I'm trying to cast too much weight, please let me know.

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Okuma Cruz Popping rod
March 19, 2013, 09:00:19 PM
Is this for real..?....or a gee up..?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
March 19, 2013, 10:26:41 PM
Stick 200 grams on, cast it and hope it breaks. Okuma's lifetime warranty and all that :) 

Err... no.. wait a minute. I just thought that through. That just means you get another one!  :-[
Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:57:16 PM by Mark Harris

Scott Yang

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
March 19, 2013, 11:02:27 PM
gee up,what does that mean. i'm new to this forum stuff. I hope that's not a dig on me.

Neil van der Merwe

March 20, 2013, 12:56:05 AM
Hi Scott, I would suggest do some dry casting on a sandy beach or into the break water and load the rod with the max weight lure. If it holds up for 40 continuous casts, then I,m sure its a winner. If it breaks... ask for you money back.
N