Russell Domingo

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Awesome report and congrats on the fine catches. I'm doing a trip down there at the end of the month and am as excited about trying to land a decent  .GT as i am about doing some light tackle spinning.  That report has giving me some serious  fishing fever. Thanks for sharing.

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Amazing stuff Mark - definitely 'on the list'!

Dan

Michael Evans

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thanks Mark - great info!

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Russell - it would be a strange angler indeed who did not get excited by the type of fishing we experienced. The very best of luck to you at the end of April.

Dan and Michael, thanks for the replies :) .

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Great report Mark, appreciate you taking the time to write that. Loved having a week fishing hard with you guys .. Kil was great and huge respect to any dude who at 65 travels to crazy remote places alone and then throws 200gs of lure at some of the biggest GT on the planet! I am also very impressed with the Black Hole blanks .. I can cast a lure a flipping mile with them and the action is fantastic considering how light the rod is. 

As you well know i find the light tackle equally on par with throwing huge lures all day at the Geets .. its just so good to mix it up and land such bloody awesome fish like Permit, Golden, Diamonds etc. Perfect rememdy to feeling good when GTs not going balistic. Anyone coming here is missing out if they dont spend a day or two targetting these inshore brutes. 

Chris Dennis and co had a great trip, on the last day we boated 2 well over 60 and 150++cms and 2 over the 50kg mark all in a few hours. Will follow up with some pics of the PIGS, bit reluctant at the moment to start yet another thread on S.Oman.

Just finished having a pint and dinner with Rich Foong and co in Salalah, lets see what the next week brings testing new Ripple Fisher rods .. hopefully more of the same :)

Hani Maher

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Great job Ed.. ;)

daniel.saville

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Awsome report mate, and Permit on surface!! That is unreal

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Ed,

I've seen some photo's of Chris's group's fish.

Absolute monsters.

Regards,

Trevor 

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
I saw those as well Trevor (on Facebook at least). Bloody excellent fish and more evidence that the season is indeed late this year. 

It livened up on the GT front in our last two days there and Chris and co arrived the day I finished fishing.  Also those guys deserve some good luck after previous mishaps.
Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 03:02:10 PM by Mark Harris

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Some pics below of the last few days after you left bud. Victor Matanov fished with us last year in October and landed an incredible fish mid 60's, bloody bloke has the cheek to come back and land another 2 in a row over the 60kg mark and both plus 150cm. Crazy .. very glad the boys had a great trip and keeping fingers crossed original groupie Ben Lovelace will be back to join them next season. Enjoy the pics .. loads more of March etc here - www.facebook.com/noboundariesoman or contact us through our webpage www.noboundariesoman.com.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
Nice work Ed!

What were the measurements?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Great stuff from Victor, Chris and co!

I think my last words to them were "you have timed your trip well" - how true that tuned out to be  :) .  Couple of truly massive fish there.  Victor seems to be a real golden arm for giant 150 cm+ GTs.

Tremendous stuff and I am so pleased that all the hard work in March is now paying off with you guys finding some seriously big GTs.

chris caley

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Some serious fish there guys!!!!

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
When I fished Salmon in Salmon River in Pulaski, NY, I drove up 7 hours and just observed to see how they catch salmon and what kind of tackle they use and came back two days later with right tackle.
My first Southern Oman trip was the same.  I observed how Ed and Mark fished GT and what kind of lures they used.
I got a pretty good idea and I am ready for my next trip to Southern Oman in early Oct.  I am pretty confident I can use lighter tackle even for 50kg - 60 kg GT. 

Here are videos which show beauty of Oman on the way to Salalah.

I got a phone call from Saudi Arabia and the gentleman said they have great Dogtooth jigging and decent GT popping there.
I never visited Middle East until I fished in Southern Oman and I might visit Middle East again this month or next month. :)

Chris Dennis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
I finally got to meet the man who makes more posts than everyone else on GT Popping combined !

Good to see you getting amongst the monsters and also finding time to put a few beginners on the right track as well, that was appreciated and held us in good stead when the fish decided to cooperate :)