Ian Cook

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi All,

I am looking for feedback on Jerry Brown Solid and if anyone has come across issues with variances in the diameter.

I just purchased some 100lb, 80lb, 50lb & 40lb in the white from the states from one of the big retailers and the 50 and 40 I find have issues with variance in the diameter.

The 40lb seems to be almost the same diameter as some 65lb JB I already have and the 50lb looks and looks and feels as thin if not thinner than the 40lb Power Pro I have on my Stradic 8000 which I got 300yds on. The 40lb was to go on the spare spool of the Stadic and looking at it I'd be lucky to get 200yds on it.

The 100lb and 80lb are both fine and compare well to what I already have.

I have emailed the retailer with some photos to ask them to check their stock and raised my disappointment, so I'll have to wait and see what comes of it.......probably zip, but worth a try.

Anyone else had issues with JB?

Cheers,

Ian

Clem Henry

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Might be worth sending a sample to Paulus to test?...4m required for each sample, will at least confirm the BS and diameter for you.. :)

Ian Cook

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thanks Clem, good advice, I may just have to do that.

It's not so bad with the 50lb JB I suppose, as it means more capacity on the reel as long as it is 50lb, but the 40lb is the opposite problem and disappointing.

Anyway let me hear back from the retailer to see what they habve to say.

Cheers,

Ian