Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
V fox jigging rod ???
April 19, 2008, 12:06:59 PM
hi every one ..

i am wondering has any one tryed those V FOX jigging rod .. so how good are they ??

cos i want to start doing some samon jigging trip when the summer come,s up .. so i can fieght over to do couple trip,s  .. so let,s talk and help me out so i can get a few thing,s ready ... shall we ..
it would be nice if i meet any of you in this forum .. and i,ll try to go fishing with you ...

so i know there is so mant jigging rod out there .. eg carpenter , smith , hot , zenaq , etc so on ..

hey another question do you use 10 000 stella for jigging ?? or should i get a 20 000 stella ?? .
or should i use the twinpower / stella 8000 model ..

i think that there is so many jigger are using overhead reel i,m not sure if i,m right or not ..

Mick

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: V fox jigging rod ???
April 19, 2008, 03:34:47 PM
The 20000 is generaly regarded as having a better retrieve ratio for deep water jigging and it also has a much higher lin cap. As to whether you get the 20000 or an 8000 it depends on what you're targeteing and where. An 8000 might not have the line capacity to jig really deep water.

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 19, 2008, 08:21:17 PM
well i would like to target some samon in perth ...

another time i will hunt some doggie,s ...

warren yuile

April 21, 2008, 04:17:59 PM
Yes Ive got two of them and love them 1 with a stella 8000 and 1 with a avet jx 2 speed will get a 3rd and 4th soon and put a 20000 and a hxj on them would of got 400 to 500 kings with the stella v fox so far from rats to 12kg or so
Woz

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 21, 2008, 10:33:04 PM
A mate of mine just bought a v fox jigging rod PE3-6 to use with a Saltiga Z-4500. So far first impressions are pretty good. Nice light/thin blank, good components. Loaded it up and it has a nice bend and plenty of pulling power.

Haven't tested it out on the water yet.

Ash Neale

April 28, 2008, 03:14:09 PM
Stocked them a while ago, did'nt sell so my manager ended up with 2 of them.The little fella(150g) has a twin power 6000 with Pe 3 varivas on it and he has smacked up to 35kg fish on it in 30m of water. The other has a pro gear oc30 with pe 5 on it and he is happy with them. Apparently the blanks were based on the JM's and i have built the blanks up too, but i would go a JM any day over the V Fox. A mate that stocked them had warranty issue he said, not sure anymore.Different wholesaler i think?
Ash.