Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Thanks for the comments guys. Cam would be great to have a cold beer together sometime instead of just seeing each other across the reef  ;D Andrew - You are right, its sll about getting your fitness where it needs to be to make the most out of a charter. Some guys arrive and cant cast more than 30 times before passing out at the back of the boat  ??? Drop me a mail and lets make it happen bro!

Andy Rowe - Haha, you must be the best laziest fisherman i have ever come accross. Caught more than anyone else on his trip and must have had less than 50% of total number of casts. Like Mark says though that speaks volumes on your reading of the water and timing of when to get off you ass!

Two days into the French charter we welcomed repeat customer Sunny & his crew from Singapore over. They had fished with us almost the exact same time the year before on their virgin monster GT trip and came back well prepared to put a beat down on some massive fish.

The boys enjoyed some fantastic inshore as well, the Permit bit had slowed down but the Goldens, Bream, Emperor and huge Queenies were still out in force terrorizing the bait balls.

Biggest Geet of the trip for this group was a 57kg brute weighed, measured and tagged. Still one more group from April to share with you and some more monster GTs.

Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:29:21 PM by ed nicholas

Bertrand Picarda

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Great to see you posting here Bertrand :) and congratulations on such an excellent trip. You guys braved the waves and it really paid dividends for you.

I can almost feel your pain on that last day. You describe it so authentically! And I know from our discussions the circumstances of that massive fish which took only a couple of metres from the boat. That would have been the experience of a lifetime.

Some really, really interesting insights on several levels there from an extremely experienced GT angler.  Top stuff.
Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:49:35 PM by Mark Harris

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Nice post Bertrand. Southern Oman is a place that just stays in your minds eye for so many reasons.
Set the ray to GeeT

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Fantastic report and well done!

Conditions must have been tough and you guys seemed to have handled them sensibly and got some great fish as a reward. I must admit, that inshore fishing looks wonderful. I must get away from the islands some time next season and try my hand at it.

Regards,

Trevor

Bertrand Picarda

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:19:12 PM by Mark Harris

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Excellent extension to this thread Bertrand, thank you very much for sharing. I remember the Jerome hit well and I remember thinking at the time he had turned into a dog with worms dragging his ass across the boat, monster fish!  :o

Trevor thanks mate and I really cant convey just how good inshore is. Light tackle at the islands itself is no where near as productive and its a welcome break when the GTs are off the feed. Good luck on your next trip.

Agree on the 'true sinking' stickbaits, best results are from Poppers, stickbaits that dart in and around the surface or a sinking SB worked just sub.

Check out these 2 short trailers from last group of the season, Eric has a fun style and they look great!

&feature=youtu.be

&feature=youtu.be

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
I called Eric in the week leading up to his arrival to advise that we should look at postponing the booking due to the ever growing swell. In the end though they made they brave decision to head over and see if they got a window to face the dinosaurs and were happy fishing inshore if the opportunity did not arise.

Their decision paid off big time with some ridiculous fish from short morning sessions. Respect for taking the chance despite my advise to postpone, what i liked most was during our conversation Eric said they were happy just getting away and enjoying themselves which is exactly what they did. Biggest of the trip weighed in 58kg and they also had a 55kg, 52kg and some other monsters.

On the last day when they could not feel their arms anymore Yassir had a few casts and landed a 47kg fish adding to the tally of Geets and inshore species landed. Well done once again Eric and co  ;)
Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 01:26:25 AM by ed nicholas

Eric Tan

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Thanks Ed ,

Thanks for putting so much effort on this Catch report. We really enjoyed our stay and fishing with No Boundaries especially with both very experience Captains From Kenya, MO and YASSIR.
Despite receiving the bad news from Ed 2 days prior to our departure, telling us to postpone our trip due to the bad weather ... Me and my Co held an urgent meeting, TO GO OR NOT TO GO ??? Since we had book our air tickets and hotel in Dubai, We had decide to go ahead with what it has originally planned. I would say that we are just too lucky to have a 1 and half day window to fish at the island. The Geets were really firing at our lures, everyone was shouting & cheering when we saw the Geet surface on the water. We are looking forward to return to 'NO Boundaries' if time and work allow us to do so.

6 Stars For 'No Boundaries' ;)
Well done Once again for everyone in No Boundaries.

Cheers

Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 03:42:12 AM by Eric Tan

Eric Tan

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Yassir & Mo caught their biggest Geet too.

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Wow that is a monster!  :o So stoked you guys got your window and ended up with some of the biggest GTs caught anywhere. To have 3 fish over 50kg in 2 mornings of fishing is quite incredible. Will hopefully get to meet you in person next time but great to hear you all had such a great time with Mo' & Yassir. Thanks for adding to the post bro.

Richard Foong

• Fusilier
  • Ripple Fisher & Yamaga Blanks
  • Liked:
I would like to thank Ed and his crew for a wonderful time i had in Oman.  I can't wait to get back to Oman!  Ed, you're going to see me soon!

Sunny Sundarum

Howdy Ed and noboundaries team,
                                           firstly thank you to you and team of Mo and Yassir from Singapore team of myself, Patrick, Kelvin and Siong.

We had a great time in mid Apr thou we had only 4 hours windows for 2 days to do some crazy GT fishing landing most and importantly enjoying the time; and getting what we came for. This is of couse a no-surprise for us as it was our second homecoming to Oman with noboundries Oman.
In shore fishing was also crazy....so many hugh breams, goldens and giant queenies......I enjoyed that real good. :)

Postive note on your two boats that are kept on tip top conditions and immaculate; with daily washing, scrubbing, maintaining and upkeeping by crew.
Navigation equipment and Engines are kept at optimal conditions.
I would say personally that good boats keeping are always the key to safe fishing and I think you and the team are doing pretty good job on that.
As the saying goes "if you take care of your boat, it will take care of you in return" :) Thumbs up on that.

Our lodge were kept clean and food cooked were fantastic. Good home cooked food is always good after a hard day fishing at sea. I could say that it was cooked much on asian, middle-eastern style with right taste note catered for folks with different taste buds. Keep up the good God's works there.
I could commend on the helpers that they were very helpful and accomodating to our needs which we felt very much as home.

The Captains - Bro Yassir and Bro Mo' are two of the most experienced skippers I have seen so far in my travels.
Safety was always in their minds and at the same time they always ensured that the guest had maximum fishing thrills; super very hardworking guys and always on the lookouts for fishing spots, ideas and of course ensuring that we are safe and not doing things that are not right.
I can mention when we were jigging at one point in time, the waves were smashing our boats but we wanted to jig anyway.
Mo' asked us to put on life jackets and also told us not to stand up while jigging. I personaly think these are good traits of experienced skippers, treading between ensuring fishing thrills for guest and safety aspects around it too.

I go on in my list of good experience with noboundaries but essentially, these are 3 key areas that are always important for anglers like myself who like to go on long expedition. Good fishing will always fall in place nicely when these 3 keys areas are done pretty well and it was always true for us since our first trip to Oman.

Thank you Ed & team once again and we will see you soon in our next booking with you -this time it will be 8 pax with 2 boats.
Full steam ahead !
 8)

p.s : It was good introduction and meeting with Betrand & team, to chat, share experience and importantly discussion on our rods and reels :)

Take care.
Sunny.

Bertrand Picarda

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked: