Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I was privileged enough when chatting with Bertrand to see this video last week and was blown away by it.

The take right next to the boat is just pure violence and one of the most spectacular I have seen on film.  To then watch Bertrand handle the fish so well using a long rod is just great - really well done!  I could feel your pain with the savage surge the fish made about 1 minute 18 seconds into the film. Anyone who has hooked a large GT (let alone the monster nature of this one!) so close to the boat with such a long rod will know something of what you went through.

Seeing Captain Yassir running around and doing his best to hang onto you brought a smile to my face :) .

Truly brilliant stuff to watch.
Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:42:44 PM by Mark Harris

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Well done, fantastic fish.

Don't know about you guys but that take is why I love GT fishing.

Trevor

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Not quite sure what to write about that .. sat here with a huge smile on my face reliving the moment and so goddam stoked i was there to witness it. Early in my posts you will have read my brief description of this incredible take and it is all flooding back.

That Ripple Fisher 8'2 rod is like nothing i have ever seen. It out casted every other stick on board and then went on to catching the most GT for this exact reason. I believe it is only rated at PE8 but Bertrand fished PE10 and with drag tighter than a mouses ass and it took it all with ease powering force onto the fish.

Bertrand is a very experienced Angler and seeing his splicing of hollow for a double length of braid to leader really impressed me. I have welcomed alot of very experienced Anglers to No Boundaries but this was my first time coming across this very effective technique. When the boys revisit i am looking forward to my tutorial on this, you just never stop learning  :)

Lastly Mark mentioned it but Yassir's work in this video is exceptional in my book, I am behind the wheel of the boat and although it doesn't seem that bad the swell/chop was pretty hairy and keeping us in the right places was a challenge. We often see guests loose footing or a suprise run from what are monster fish dragging the Angler into the gunnel, Bertrand thankfully didnt need it but the assistance of the deck hand is essential.

Never seen a hit like it in person or net, just amazing.

chris caley

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
to say I have the GT bug is an understatement after reading this report!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done guys

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
That video has gone viral - 2,100+ views in just 3 days since it was posted!

Bertrand you are a fishing movie star :)
Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:27:23 PM by Mark Harris

Bertrand Picarda

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
All I wanted was just have a good trip with friends and hope to catch a fish or two...I was there doing what I have been doing for a number of years but without any expectations than having fun. This time it worked but I have lost count on how many times it didn't. The chance to have this on video is the icing on the cake. Am glad you guys are enjoying it. Cheers and thanks for all the kind comments.

Ed Nicholas

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Pretty sure half those views are from me personally .. just dont get bored of such a ferocious hit :) Oh Bertrand its so hard having so much attention, better start wearing a Wacko Jacko mask bud.