• Fusilier
  • Ripple Fisher & Yamaga Blanks
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Alex Massari

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
My Big Tuna 87 during fight,  I love the bend and the lifting power...

Richard Foong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your photo!

Cheers!
Richard

Alex Massari

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
Hi Richard,

time to make some new one... my friend lost an extimated 150 kilos more after a one hour and half fight... it throw the hook... it would have made for a very nice pic  :D
We've to study a little about the single hooks setup we're using, we feel they tend to rip the mouth of the fish when we exceed 10-12 kilos drag for more than short times... we'll try thicker shank hooks.

Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I saw the 710 tuna special rod in Japan, I like it, but as I'm not experienced, I'm not sure if it is suitable for my intended application
I'm targeting blue fin tuna of 100kg weight or even more, using small stickbaits(65-85 gms), will it provide good casting distance? and lift power to lift those fish(from around 90m depth)?

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud

Richard Foong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Hi Richard,

time to make some new one... my friend lost an extimated 150 kilos more after a one hour and half fight... it throw the hook... it would have made for a very nice pic  :D
We've to study a little about the single hooks setup we're using, we feel they tend to rip the mouth of the fish when we exceed 10-12 kilos drag for more than short times... we'll try thicker shank hooks.

Aless,

I normally use treble hooks for catching Bluefin tuna, as i find the tuna's mouth not very hard so big hooks tends to rip the mouth and hook off!  Have a go with bigger singles and let me know what happens!

Cheers
Richard

Richard Foong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I saw the 710 tuna special rod in Japan, I like it, but as I'm not experienced, I'm not sure if it is suitable for my intended application
I'm targeting blue fin tuna of 100kg weight or even more, using small stickbaits(65-85 gms), will it provide good casting distance? and lift power to lift those fish(from around 90m depth)?

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

I would recommend Big Tuna 87 or 710 for your tuna fishing.  If you need to cast far for the tuna with small lures, then big tuna 87 is suitable.

Cheers
Richard

Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

I would recommend Big Tuna 87 or 710 for your tuna fishing.  If you need to cast far for the tuna with small lures, then big tuna 87 is suitable.

Cheers
Richard

Richard, I think fighting a 100kg BFT on the long 87 will be very very difficult

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

Cheers
Richard

Richard, I think fighting a 100kg BFT on the long 87 will be very very difficult

Put me in that 'difficult' position anyday  ;)
Set the ray to GeeT

Mahmoud Salem

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

Cheers
Richard

I've very limited experience in popping, and the largest fish I caught so far was a 100lb BFT on a jigging rod, so landing those monsters on popping gear is quite a big challenge for me
I just wanna be sure that I'm using the right tools for the job to have a fair chance of landing the fish and minimize the chance of broken gear trying to lift this fish up

Richard Foong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Thanks in advance
Mahmoud

Hi Mahmoud,

Cheers
Richard

I've very limited experience in popping, and the largest fish I caught so far was a 100lb BFT on a jigging rod, so landing those monsters on popping gear is quite a big challenge for me
I just wanna be sure that I'm using the right tools for the job to have a fair chance of landing the fish and minimize the chance of broken gear trying to lift this fish up
Mahmoud
If you're afraid of the length, then Big Tuna 710 or International 77 should be suitable for you.  We are still testing International 77 and will announce the launch soon.
Richard