Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: chugging rod for hammerhead
July 14, 2013, 10:34:12 PM
Good on you Nick!

An E-Cup is big compared to a Cubera 125 or a Skipjack. If the E-Cup works for you with EP 85/38 then very well done!  ;D

Nick Bowles

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
July 15, 2013, 01:46:12 AM
Similar sizes the poppers but both work well on the EP85/36 and a bit different to the norm of shorter popping rods so an option if someone is looking for one rod to cover both medium popper and sticks if they willing to give it a try and work on a slightly different way of working poppers.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
July 15, 2013, 12:21:15 PM
It all depends on where the "lock" point is and how many "phases" of action a particular rod can have.

I was surprised, out of sheer necessity during a hot bite - regarding the performance of the E-Cup on the FCL Extreme 81. It performs admirably, however, you do need to pick your popper type - E-Cups were great, however, the deeper cup of a 150g CraftBait GT-3, not so much for obvious reasons.

The tip absorbs some of the direct action given to the lure which in turn, minimizes certain lures from jumping or spitting out of the water.

Vinh Nguyen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 15, 2013, 07:01:46 PM
I have a brand new condition Carpenter LGM SP78H that I am looking to post up for sale very soon.  If you want it please PM me, please be prepared though, a rod this rare and discontinued will not go cheap.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 15, 2013, 08:27:46 PM
Vinh - if you want to sell something on the forum, post it for sale in accordance with our rules. We don't permit sales by tender
If it swims; I want to catch it!