• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shout curve point treble31
July 27, 2013, 08:58:17 AM
Have anyone try these trebles before?
Shout curve point treble31.
I cant seem to find the rating for the trebles

http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/default/language/en/cPath/29_210_2275/fishing-hook-swivel-snap-etc/saltwater-treble-hook/shout-curve-point-treble31.html

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: Shout curve point treble31
July 27, 2013, 01:13:19 PM
Ian,

Good hooks and the guys in Musandam and Oman have used them to great effect. The inward pointing tip saves the lure much better than the straight point and doesn't seem to affect hook up rates.

The wire they're made from is a little thin for my liking though, more like an ST66 gauge but if that suits you that's fine, very sharp.

Regards,

Trevor

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 27, 2013, 01:49:55 PM
Trevor hits it on the head I think.

Instinctively they look fine gauge for GT fishing but I have yet to hear of any problems with them.

Ian Ng

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
July 27, 2013, 02:01:21 PM
I assume is around 4x strength??
This is a cheap alternative.

Thank for all the feedback

Cameron Mundy

• Red Bass
  • Gamefishing Asia Captain
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
July 30, 2013, 04:56:58 AM
As Trevor says strength wise they are about the same as Owner ST 66 trebles which will be fine for most GT's. In my opinion where they outshine the Owner hooks is in the sharpness if you fish area's were you'll tangle with other pelagic species they are definitely good hooks to use especially when it comes to Sailfish. I've yet to see a treble that punches through a bill like a Shout! treble.

Sam Morrison

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 31, 2013, 05:15:25 PM
I like the in-curve on the hook point, they look like they would be perfect for YTK...

No one will stock these in NZ, any web based shops closer to NZ than say Saltywater etc.. that I could use to try some?

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
July 31, 2013, 06:07:23 PM
I like the in-curve on the hook point, they look like they would be perfect for YTK...

No one will stock these in NZ, any web based shops closer to NZ than say Saltywater etc.. that I could use to try some?

Sounds like a market opportunity Sam ;)

Trevor Skinner

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 31, 2013, 06:16:25 PM
Sam,

Nick has them. Is Clem heading home for the summer?

Trev

Sam Morrison

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 31, 2013, 06:56:02 PM

Sounds like a market opportunity Sam ;)

We do have a shop selling Shout products, unsure if they are 'exclusive'? There range is limited to a few products.

There would be room for a another 'niche' shop I feel, I'm taking donations for start up capital!  ;D