Jack Lai

Drag and spare spool?
May 19, 2008, 04:33:39 AM
Hi,

How often should you change the drag washers on a Stella 10K FA? Normally how long does it last if I use the reel about 10 trips a year?

Is there a significant difference while choosing a spool for jigging between a yumeya 10000D and and a SW 20K?

Does Dunphy sells the above? For what price?

Thanks beforehand.

Jack

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Drag and spare spool?
May 19, 2008, 02:28:07 PM
I don't think you'll have to worry about replacing the drag washers for quite a few years yet.  Before getting my 10000 I was using an 8000 and to set the drag I just screwed it down as far as it would go.  That reel caught about fifty GT's without any noticable wear.  Drag is still fine. Can't help you with the spool question
Cairns Bommie Basher

Kai Caiyang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 20, 2008, 12:57:11 AM
Hi Jack,
I am using the Yumeya spool for popping over the standard 10000 spool(not enough line cap). For jigging i will stick with the 20k spool & use the 16k spool as a spare spool. 20k spool have a much larger line capacity that maybe required during jigging.

Cheers,
Kai

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 20, 2008, 08:56:30 PM
The Yumeya spool is currently not available through the Shimano Australia distributor.

Jack Lai

May 22, 2008, 04:30:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. How much am I expecting to pay for a 20k spool and a set of front and twin drag washers?