Narc

Home-made Video
April 09, 2007, 05:25:31 PM
Hi guys,

Got a short video clip here, nothing spectacular, no great techniques and no big fish too... just thought of sharing it here with you guys.

Part 1 -

Part 2 -

Narc

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Home-made Video
April 09, 2007, 05:51:14 PM
Didnt seem to work for me that link.....did anyone else get i going?

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 09, 2007, 06:00:11 PM
No worries, Andrew, its on u-tube.
Ah Gu, what spinning reel was being used please?
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Narc

April 09, 2007, 06:11:21 PM

Hi Greg,

Went there with a Stella 10000 and a Dogfight... but the Stella died on me even before the 1st fish was caught. Something on the anti-reverse bearing failed.

Narc

Narc

April 09, 2007, 06:15:53 PM
Didnt seem to work for me that link.....did anyone else get i going?

Hi Andrew,

The links are alright I think.

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
April 09, 2007, 07:48:17 PM
Yep, got them..just my stupid PC playing up....

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 09, 2007, 08:13:55 PM
bloody hell - have you taken it in for repair and worked out what happened?! This is the first time I've heard of a problem like that occurring with the 10000.

How did your Dogfight perform? Are you running a standard carbon drag or have you upgraded to carbontex?

Hi Greg,

Went there with a Stella 10000 and a Dogfight... but the Stella died on me even before the 1st fish was caught. Something on the anti-reverse bearing failed.

Narc
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Narc

April 09, 2007, 10:05:00 PM
bloody hell - have you taken it in for repair and worked out what happened?! This is the first time I've heard of a problem like that occurring with the 10000.

How did your Dogfight perform? Are you running a standard carbon drag or have you upgraded to carbontex?

hi Brandon,

Yes, I have it sent back to Japan for repair.
All repairs or servicing done in Japan comes with a report. The report will contain information on what failed and the work done to the reel. Will update you guys when the reel is back. So far it has served me for 4 trips before the failure.

As for the dogfight, it served well. I'm still using the standard drag washers, thus psychologically it does reduces my confidence... had to pull test the drag after every single fish and constant worry was on the mind.
Give me another trip with it and I will be alright I guess.

Narc

Hi Greg,

Narc

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 10, 2007, 07:16:34 AM
I think the problems with the drag are few but unfortunately for Daiwa, it has gotten a lot of publicity. I think it tends to happen when fishos wind the drag right up - which unfortunately is what we are doing!

That said, l have found that the spools with the carbontex feel smoother in comparison. If you're still using this reel next year (big IF in your case!), remind me and I'll upgrade it to carbontex on our trip.
If it swims; I want to catch it!