August 08, 2013, 02:26:15 PM
what he said!  ;)

Troy Marien

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Replacement Entry Level Rod
August 08, 2013, 08:39:53 PM
I have the previous model Daiwa Saltist Demon Blood 802XH. Awesome rod for under $400. Definitely prefer the set up over a T Curve G.T. Special (Which a mate of mine also owns).

But having said that, the Demon Blood has been revamped recently and my father in-law has just bought one. Heaps more improvements over the model I have and is still a $400 rod. Silicone K Guides, reduced physical weight and a slimmer butt section. Plus it looks nicer in my opinion being predominately matt black as opposed to a heavy coat of gloss red.

Doug Terry

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
August 08, 2013, 08:55:31 PM
I'll second the black hole rods I've got the Black Hole Cape Cod Special 86N Rod (Nano)which at $520 is just outside your budget however this rod is 8'6" the 8' and 7'6" rods are within your budget super rods.
goto http://www.jignpop.com/
and to too see the rod in action.

good luck in your choice.

Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:53:42 PM by doug terry

David Hill

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
August 09, 2013, 11:18:02 AM
Much appreciated Trevor/David

David Hill

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
August 09, 2013, 11:24:46 AM
Thanks Troy. I seem to recall reading about the Demon Blood in my initial investigations a couple of years and at the time being a little put off by the somewhat lairy colour scheme. We all know that makes no difference to the performance qualities of the rod but I each to their own I guess.....haha. Could you confirm the specific characteristics you prefer in it compared to the GT Special, is it a softer action and a little less taxing physically to operate?

Thanks for the input Doug. Although it is a little outside my set price range I can't ignore public consensus so will definitely include it in my investigation hit list.

Cheers

Dave

Doug Terry

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
August 09, 2013, 05:00:31 PM
Hi David having reread your post I see you quote sub $400 is this aud.
In which case take a look at the Black hole Majic Eye range of rods at $325us ($356aud) plus shipping or you can get this rod in Australia from http://www.ejtodd.com.au/retailers.html might meet your requirement for this rod in action see the link.

Adon Samoilenko

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 09, 2013, 10:37:59 PM
Hi David. Maybe check out the SAMURAI POP 10 AND 12 RANGE.l.Google rayannes.com.it's a tackle shop in Adelaide and sell for $430.They say the best factory rod in that pricerange.Cheers Adon
Big SA kingz. ..ahhh yeeea

David Hill

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
August 09, 2013, 11:03:55 PM
Thanks Doug and Adon, I'll have to take a look at both on Monday as the weather is lining up for fishing all weekend. A good predicament to be in.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
August 11, 2013, 09:39:06 AM
Dave, Kasey is in NC fishing at the moment but I have the rod in my possession. Please PM me to view.
If it swims; I want to catch it!