Dean Fujikawa

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
hi guys,
 i have a question regarding these two rods:
what are the different characteristics of each rod? i.e. strength,backbone,casting,working poppers/stickbaits.
i will be pairing it up with a stella 20000/100lb daiwa boat braid and will mainly use it on the boat.
any advice/knowledge would be greatly appreciated !!!!!

thank you,
dean

Leo Sorbello

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Hi Dean,

Well first characteristics are there two completed different classes of rods.

The Race Point 250 is rated as a PE10 rod, very powerful. The Temple Reef STK-76H is rated as a PE-5/6 rod and has it's lighter power class.

Using a Stella 20000 & 100lb as you've stated, you'll better suited to acquire the Race Point 250, much better balanced and also a higher lure weight range to cast lures up to say 150- 180g and hang on for dear life. I've seen such this set up in action and boy it's a beast indeed.

Putting a Stella 20000 with 100lb on the Temple Reef STK-76H rated to be much lighter than the Race Point 250 would be I feel not balanced and way over kill and not perform with reel weight etc. Also the Temple Reef will be better suited with a 10000 size reel and PE-5/6 and lures up to say 80 - 100g.

So, it all depends what species and weights your wanting to chase and hopefully hook up.

Hope this helps Dean.

Tight Lines !.

Regards

Leo

Jon Viney

• Fusilier
  • Fishing is a way of life!
  • Liked:
Race Point 250 is the option. Perfect with Stella 20000 and 100LB.
Leo right on the money.

Dean Fujikawa

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
hi guys,
 leo that was an awsome description and thats what i wanted!!!!! thank you very much!!!
jon thanks for agreeing.
race point it will be........