Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marion Reef 2008 - Trip Report
May 28, 2008, 09:54:29 PM
Andy, we saw no bait on the surface whatsoever but boy, it was thick on the sounder. The GTs may have been hanging deep with the bait.

I'm quite partial to a bingle :D
If it swims; I want to catch it!

David Noble

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
May 29, 2008, 09:17:00 AM
Hi Brandon,

Shame about the GT's being away but congrats on focusing on what was around.
Those photos are great, the casting shots especially are awesome.
Yes only a mother could love something with a face like that.... the fish that is, not miss Bingle  ;)

Cheers Dave

Phil Pluis

May 29, 2008, 11:01:45 AM
Hi Brandon,
Another great report, sorry to hear the GT's didnt play the game.
Still a week at Marion sure bets a week at work!

Cheers Phil

Dan

May 29, 2008, 12:08:56 PM
thanks for posting up the trip report & pics Brandon. GT's aside, there certainly was some ripper fish taken eh? And how much fun, mirth and merriment was provided by Team Deviant in the upstairs 'smokers lounge' after hours.... ;D. Speaking of smokes, i wonder how many packs i'll lose on my next fishing adventure...??? :o ::) :'( :D.

Was a memorable trip for me regardless of lack of GT's. Had a great time, ate some awesome tucker, drank more than i'd planned to  ::), and let my hair down for a week, with some great guys, with an incredibly dedicated crew(top marks for all involved on Nomad/Odyssey), and caught a few memorable fish- what more could a bloke ask for.

(n.b.  surprised to see a few of ya's mentioning you woulda preferred Bingle- I thought Tara was a bottler- heart of gold that girl. That combined with the constant threat of my partner in crime Cams' constant threat of "getting naked" would've kept ya minds from wandering..... Ahhhhh that sand cay on the southern end of the system will just never be the same.....)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 29, 2008, 02:02:32 PM
I'm pleased you had a great time, Dan and don't get me wrong, Tara is a great kid. I'm just quite partial to Ms. Bingle and Damon did promise me.......

thanks for posting up the trip report & pics Brandon. GT's aside, there certainly was some ripper fish taken eh? And how much fun, mirth and merriment was provided by Team Deviant in the upstairs 'smokers lounge' after hours.... ;D. Speaking of smokes, i wonder how many packs i'll lose on my next fishing adventure...??? :o ::) :'( :D.

Was a memorable trip for me regardless of lack of GT's. Had a great time, ate some awesome tucker, drank more than i'd planned to  ::), and let my hair down for a week, with some great guys, with an incredibly dedicated crew(top marks for all involved on Nomad/Odyssey), and caught a few memorable fish- what more could a bloke ask for.

(n.b.  surprised to see a few of ya's mentioning you woulda preferred Bingle- I thought Tara was a bottler- heart of gold that girl. That combined with the constant threat of my partner in crime Cams' constant threat of "getting naked" would've kept ya minds from wandering..... Ahhhhh that sand cay on the southern end of the system will just never be the same.....)

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 29, 2008, 09:28:59 PM
Team Pics:

Greg 'FFF' Burt

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 31, 2008, 10:28:33 AM
Here is, I beleive, Brandons mystery fish, Black and White Sea Perch ;D
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/dpi/hs.xsl/28_8981_ENA_HTML.htm

'Bohemith' the cod is a Estuary or Greasy Rockcod ;D

And Lara is still Lara ::)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
May 31, 2008, 02:13:49 PM
Great effort tracking down the fish, Bun. I see it is a lutjanid as well. I've been amazed by how big this family of fish actually are.

voodoo

July 04, 2008, 02:31:28 PM
I miss those special times with Dirty Dan and Cam.

That day fishing with Liam and you two guys was the best/worst day's fishing I've ever had.

mark my words - Team Deviant will reunite one day to perpetrate heinous acts of debauchery on the local fish populations of some unsuspecting tropical reef.

Cam, if you're out there, I kept the flower you left on my bag. Very special.

Dan

July 09, 2008, 07:22:53 PM
I miss those special times with Dirty Dan and Cam.

That day fishing with Liam and you two guys was the best/worst day's fishing I've ever had.

mark my words - Team Deviant will reunite one day to perpetrate heinous acts of debauchery on the local fish populations of some unsuspecting tropical reef.

Cam, if you're out there, I kept the flower you left on my bag. Very special.

Dirty Dan....  i kinda resemble that comment...  ;D

Good to hear from u Josh- was starting to worry about ya sweetheart..

Tell me, did you ever recover from 'that' hangover???  ;D

And drinking quality shiraz, and smoking expensive cigars will just never be the same without you..  ;)

And yes, yes we reunite 'one day'- i'm still holding you to that offer of showing me around your home turf one day.  ;)

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 09, 2008, 10:30:44 PM
'O boy', Team Deviant, $80 cigars and all in Sydney Town, I would love to see that!!
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Mark Lewis

July 10, 2008, 03:27:41 AM
That Contender boat sure is a LONG LONG way from where they are usually seen!  A lot of nice pic's there  :)

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 10, 2008, 08:36:07 AM
the Contender has me a bit scared these days. I'm not going back out in it without my roller-blading kneepads.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 10, 2008, 09:40:18 AM
'Sook' ;), wise man fishers down the back, less rock and roll ;D

I'm sure Damon will have something in place for you next trip. :)
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 10, 2008, 11:56:53 AM
What rod is he using in that last pic?