Allister Tipney

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi Guys, as the title suggests this reel has basically locked up solid when I try to wind, was out on a trip and cast out then when I went to retrieve the line the handle was locked in place - I physically had to wind the line around the spool by hand. Upon getting back had another look though it was still locked solid. This reel has been great and never had any issues with it, couldnt get a smoother reel than just locked up. Not sure if a componet has failed when moving from one spot to another, as this was the first cast when we arrived at a new location. If anyone has any ideas as to what this is would be great if you could let me know, otherwsie I guess I will have to send off to get checked out/fixed. Thanks!

Sean Costello

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Take the rotor off and check if the friction ring has deteriorated, this can lock the rotor up, they are easily replaced.

Sean

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
I had the same happen to an 8000 FA when I was bottom bashing.
Let the line out, went to take up the slack and total lockup with 100 metres out.
I sent it to Dunphys and they found that something with a screw had fallen off and jammed in the main gear.
The fixed it and sent it back for free......(Bloody great service as usual).
This was a coupla months ago. I just got it back again after a routine service and it's sweet as.

Allister Tipney

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Thanks Sean and Darren, I think your spot in Darren! It seems like something has failed significantly and it's locked up solid compared to locking from wear as it hasn't had a great deal of use. Anyway I will ring up dunphys and see what they say. Will let you know the outcome. Thanks!!