Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A 'Blue Rose' update
June 17, 2008, 08:18:22 AM
i am doing some homework [thinking of one ???] on the Shimano Blue Rose jig rods, mainly the Spin 53SD for mechanical jigging as I believe they are quite stiff being 100% carbon fibre [or are they too stiff :-\], so I am after any Jiggers experiences and thoughts with these rods. There was a 'BR' topic put up over a year ago with good input from Brandon and Friends and I thought it was time to refresh ;D
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Hon-Su Chin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: A 'Blue Rose' update
June 19, 2008, 11:46:17 PM
yeh I have used that rod and it is damn stiff...its got the right action for technical jigging but a little too stiff for what you want it for. Unfortunately the other model, 537R, is nearly as stiff and pretty much a PE8 rod as well.

Best to check out the JigWrex 526S or Monster Mesh PE3-6 and the Saltiga Hiramasa 56HS.

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 20, 2008, 04:52:39 AM
Thanks hon-su,  the Jigwrex seems to get a few 'ticks', looks like a 526S it is.
  Bun
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Mark Stotesbury

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 29, 2008, 04:57:47 AM
hi
got the blue rose you mention and it has caught a few yellowfin over 50kg great little rod, was at first worried about the 100% factor but after some real abuse mind at ease , we jig only about 60m max for the tuna as they in chumline so cant say what this rods like jigging very deep.just my input though .
cheers mark