Viacheslav Kokorin

• Fusilier
  • Fishing experience 36 years
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Maldives 2, Return
April 21, 2014, 10:59:53 PM
Hi, guys!
This trip was planned before the march one, I want to tell about it. The trip was rather successful , there was quite enough fish, the only minus is the size was not too big (I?d like bigger), but I?m very pleased with this fishing. Because of heat we had to separate the fishing for morning and evening, we left the port at 5-30 in the morning till 10 and in the evening from 15-30 to 18-30. There were plenty of memorable moments. According the results the biggest GT was 32 kg. There was one more - around 20 kg, the rest were not more than 10 kg. On average we caught around 10-12 fish a day. A couple of days were marked with plenty of fish outs but no attacks. I don?t know the reason for that, tried to experiment, changed the colors and forms of the poppers. We tried stick baits but the result was the same - the fish refused to attack. The brightest and memorable moments:
1?) - out and attack of popper by red bass - striking, pushing a few meters - the fish escapes - after 2-3 jerks the same red bass jumps out and follows the popper attacking it as on repeat - I strike and take out the guy.
2?) - we approach the teeming spot of the eating predator - me and my friend throw the rods at the same time - poppers fall down simultaneously - after 1-2 jerk we have bites - I take out red bass - he takes out GT. It remains a puzzle for me how two different predators have one feed spot? 
3?) - we found and active predator - for 10 minutes I managed to take out 4 GTs! They were not big but I liked such an active fishing! I saw such activity for the first time in my life.
Used tackles:
Rods - Patriot Design Black Diamond 77, Carpenter MH 80H
Reels - Shimano Stella SW 14000, 20000, Daiwa Saltiga ZH 6500H (DogFight)
Baits - Fisherman S POP 160 HP Tail (best of the best - sky blue wing and mackerel colors), Long Pen 100, Jackal 140 & 160. Stick baits Fisherman Delta 90 & 110.

Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:06:05 PM by Viacheslav Kokorin
Nature can't be cheated...but it is worth trying

Viacheslav Kokorin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Maldives 2, Return
April 21, 2014, 11:12:28 PM
More Photos

Sacco Gerard

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
April 22, 2014, 01:55:40 AM
nice trip  :)  and although Gt's are not very giant, I think the fun in fishing is not proportional to the weight of fish  ;) when there is activity that is a real pleasure  :)

Viacheslav Kokorin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 22, 2014, 03:26:36 AM
Yes, fully agree!!  :D
Fishing is good when the fish is active  ;)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 02, 2014, 08:33:08 AM
Nice variety and great range of captures. Please keep it coming  8)

Viacheslav Kokorin

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 19, 2014, 05:28:15 PM
yes, thanks a lot, I loved the fishing so much